Garmin Status - what does Garmin say about you today?!

26 watchers
Feb 2023
11:47am, 7 Feb 2023
28,600 posts
  •  
Ness
For me, the training suggestion was "Base 10:00/mi 45:00". I went out for a four mile run so that was a time of 41:15 and a pace of 10:17. Close enough given the temperatures today, I'd say! 😉😂
Feb 2023
11:57am, 7 Feb 2023
40,171 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
well done Ness

Oh and I noticed I had my lowest RHR for a very long time
but I've also had my ag put up a year too grr
Feb 2023
12:42pm, 7 Feb 2023
2,323 posts
  •  
tipsku
Garmin insists on another tempo run, this time 50 minutes at 7:45. Ouch! I liked the other session of 5x 10 minutes better. Plus, the plan says 6 miles easy with strides. I'll do the tempo Thursday or Friday.

I got told off for not having enough REM sleep and it was too short. Only a 70 sleep rating. RHR a bit elevated, 47. So I wouldn't want to do tempo anyways. The weather is going to be warmer in the next days which will be better for my airways.
Feb 2023
1:10pm, 7 Feb 2023
79,153 posts
  •  
Gobi
BB IS 68
SS was 83 off 6.5hrs which is good
RHR 39
Recovery from weekend plus doing intervals today 59hrs

Made me skip my lunchtime effort and walk the dog instead.
Feb 2023
9:48am, 8 Feb 2023
40,204 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
BB 73 - dropped first thing to 50 odd but creeping back up and is now 60 'cos I have CBA at work and I'm chilled!
SS 76 Fair but if you look at overnight stress I would say I didn't sleep that well
Suggested a 34min base run like yesterday but I did heavier weights instead
Feb 2023
10:34am, 8 Feb 2023
62,544 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
My body battery was only 68 when I woke this morning. I snatched another sleep cycle and it went up to 72. HRV been low for over a week. For the third day in a row the watch wants me to do 48 minutes at 10.20mm.

It doesn't know that my normally symptom-free knee is having a moment.
Feb 2023
10:54am, 8 Feb 2023
79,158 posts
  •  
Gobi
Another 80 on the sleep score even with 6hrs as they were solid. Bb took a kicking yesterday as Tuesday was high volume and had 2 interval sessions. Recovery needs are high and I shall hit tomorrow's intervals still in deficit.
SPR
Feb 2023
1:57pm, 8 Feb 2023
39,498 posts
  •  
SPR
Regarding HRV, I wish I had a baseline before COVID. I got my watch about a month after having COVID, I then had the flu a couple of months later which seemed to affect me more than COVID. Have had generally low numbers (current baseline is 42-53) but no idea whether that's lower than it would have been pre COVID. Seen higher numbers in the last week so currently unbalanced at 55 7 day average. Just watching and seeing what happens.

In terms of training suggestions, I've noticed the watch will tick off sessions if you match what it's targeting eg threshold, base, etc, even if you don't do the prescribed session (I never do, lol).
Feb 2023
2:02pm, 8 Feb 2023
4,261 posts
  •  
phal
I had Covid for the 2nd time a couple of weeks ago SPR - my HRV has been absolutely destroyed by it! It’s interesting to see it now starting to pick up again, slowly. I have been ‘strained’ for a few days, and as my HVR has improved, I’m now back in ‘recovery’

RHR still running a little high but getting better. Strangely I didn’t get stupidly high HR when poorly at all - although with a tummy bug a few weeks before that my stress and HR went through the roof!

I find it all fascinating but am also trying to keep it as ‘being a guide’ because sometimes I feel great when it tells me I shouldn’t and vice versa 😝
SPR
Feb 2023
2:37pm, 8 Feb 2023
39,499 posts
  •  
SPR
Interesting phal. Does seem like it can be a good tool for picking up when an illness is incoming.

About This Thread

Maintained by EvilPixie
According to my Garmin this morning my body battery was at just 41 and I was "strained"
I have been strained for most days in the last 2 weeks
My body battery has also been low

So today it suggested a threshold run of up to an hour!

What's your Garmin say?