Garmin Instinct Solar

3 watchers
9 May
10:26am, 9 May 2024
32,324 posts
  •  
Maclennane
Any good? Seems suspiciously cheap. considering retiring my Suunto Spartan, as I think the battery is quite tired, and I have to practically staple it to my wrist to get heart rate
10 May
9:45am, 10 May 2024
743 posts
  •  
One Pace Carl
I have an Instinct 2S Solar,

It’s a great watch that offers all the usual easy to use functions, my only issue is that at a glance I struggle to see the screen. It almost seems dark.
I have just last week purchased a Forerunner 965 with the amoled screen.
Agree they are a good price and a good everyday watch.
I’m not sure how much benefit the solar is and charge it once a week the same as my Fenix 5x and other watches.
Would be interested to hear other owner opinions.
10 May
9:47am, 10 May 2024
42,862 posts
  •  
Nellers
Is there a link for the cheap garmin, Mac?
10 May
9:50am, 10 May 2024
32,329 posts
  •  
Maclennane
it's not cheap as such Nellers but it seems a good price for the features it's got
10 May
10:12am, 10 May 2024
2,554 posts
  •  
MudMeanderer
As OPC said, fairly decent but not sure how much the solar practically adds.

I like that it's buttons only. I used to have a vivoactive with touch screen and would unwittingly turn functions on or off via it (including in my sleep!).

The screen is pretty compact (or at least s version is), so if you like quite a bit of data visible while running it may not be ideal.

How it compares to the multitude of other Garmins or watches would depend on your main use, but for me as a general health monitor with a bit of unstructured running it works well.
20 May
2:41pm, 20 May 2024
55 posts
  •  
johnsy
I have the Instinct 2X Solar. I love it. My only gripe is that it seems to take ages to save activities, compared.with the vivoactive 4 I previously had.
But, this is far outweighed by the almost instant gps connection it gets. The VA4 could take up to 5 minutes.

The battery life is unreal. And I just had 3.5 hours on the beach and gained 2% charge.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Maclennane
Any good? Seems suspiciously cheap. considering retiring my Suunto Spartan, as I think the battery is quite tired, and I have to practically staple it to my wrist to get heart rate