Garmin Status - what does Garmin say about you today?!

26 watchers
10 Jan
4:33pm, 10 Jan 2024
30,905 posts
  •  
Rosehip
A problem I’ve heard people complain of, phal but so far mine has been behaving.

I do wear mine well above away from the wrist bones and my lower arms are fat enough for it to have a good flat spot to sit on, though
10 Jan
4:37pm, 10 Jan 2024
50,645 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
If I have mine in the 4th hole no problems if I use the 5th hold it’s a bit loser so not so good until I’ve warmed up like you explained
10 Jan
5:36pm, 10 Jan 2024
4,633 posts
  •  
phal
I need a hole half way between five and six on my strap!! I have it on the 5th hole when running (but work off my wahoo strap anyway for HR) and the 6th for everyday as the 5th is less comfortable when doing other stuff.

I've been learning to pinch of salt the odd readings anyway around this time of year - I remember it doing it a bit before too, same as it says that certain arm positions etc make it less reliable - I've found some of my arty stuff alters the readings too depending on what I'm doing....

I am NOT going to wear my wahoo all day ;-) :-P
11 Jan
7:48am, 11 Jan 2024
6,250 posts
  •  
Jaks
I’m back to strained on training and low on HRV.
I am tired today though but that’s mainly because I had a rubbish nights sleep.

I’m just running a streak saving mile with Day 10 of Adriene’s yoga practice today so I’ll see what tomorrow brings.
11 Jan
8:38am, 11 Jan 2024
50,657 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
yesterday I did 2 short walks and 2 short strength sessions
I finished the day still at productive but today despite my run to work I am just maintaining!
11 Jan
10:32am, 11 Jan 2024
30,908 posts
  •  
Rosehip
Back to balanced, well recovered and training readiness high.

Maintaining, high aerobic shortage.

I suppose I had better go run then.
11 Jan
10:38am, 11 Jan 2024
34,905 posts
  •  
Foxy
I’m a plus one maintaining after a day off on Tuesday collecting a new Wetherspoons I was plus 3 yesterday !

I still have to run home after my morning coffee in 20 mins - will be a negative.

After an unrunable parkrun at 13.44 pace on NYD I’m now back to averaging sub 9 min miling. (Averaged 8.59 last year).
12 Jan
7:46pm, 12 Jan 2024
3,822 posts
  •  
tipsku
My optical sensor is useless in cold weather as my circulation isn't good (hello Raynaud's, my old friend) and I've got pretty skinny wrists so it's really difficult to get any decent readings when I'm active. It tends to go into cadence lock when I've got cold hands.

I get one really cold hand where I've got the watch while the other is warm from running. Therefore, I have to wear it on the outside of the sleeve of my running shirt or else I won't even be able to unlock the door because I lose all sensation in it.
12 Jan
7:48pm, 12 Jan 2024
50,720 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
My optical sensor seems to be fairly solid
I only record rather than use HR so not a big issue

But I’m delighted that I’m back to productive again today
12 Jan
10:54pm, 12 Jan 2024
67,295 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
I'm mostly happy with my optical sensor. But I can see that a really slender wrist could result in connection problems. Mine isn't and I still only have one hole to spare.

About This Thread

Maintained by EvilPixie
According to my Garmin this morning my body battery was at just 41 and I was "strained"
I have been strained for most days in the last 2 weeks
My body battery has also been low

So today it suggested a threshold run of up to an hour!

What's your Garmin say?