Garmin Status - what does Garmin say about you today?!

26 watchers
13 Jan
9:00am, 13 Jan 2024
30,921 posts
  •  
Rosehip
Balanced and maintaining. High aerobic shortage.

I seem to get fewer random spikes and weird readings with the wrist optical that I did the chest strap.

I think that was more prone to static interference from clothing and also, weirdly, used to be a random number generator when near to electric fences.
23 Jan
10:02am, 23 Jan 2024
51,037 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
Garmin decided that my day off due to wind was slacking and put me back to recovery!! I ran to work and it still says recovery!

BB up to 92 this morning after a "good" sleep which will make me energetic and errrr alert
HRV is happily balanced and RHR about as it should be

It's also conflicted between making me run over 2 hours or do a threshold run that's all I get lately!
I do neither haha
23 Jan
10:06am, 23 Jan 2024
12,193 posts
  •  
cathrobinson
My Garmin says I’m stressed and also thinks I’m riding my bike right now. I’m on a train heading to the airport…
23 Jan
10:11am, 23 Jan 2024
51,039 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
haha
good old garmin
23 Jan
10:48am, 23 Jan 2024
67,464 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
My Garmin's leaving me alone at the moment. I've got four weeks of Balanced HRV and over two weeks of Maintaining. The training sessions it's offered me have borne no resemblance to marathon training. And at 9.05pm every day it tells me I've been a very good girl today and deserve a nice sleep. It's stopped yargling on about yoga and meditation. Maybe my coach has had a quiet word with it :)
23 Jan
10:51am, 23 Jan 2024
51,041 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
haha
23 Jan
10:59am, 23 Jan 2024
31,011 posts
  •  
Rosehip
I have a training peaks plan synched to mine so it’s stopped highlighting its suggested sessions, so I don’t see how daft they are.
Back to balanced after a few days wobbling along just low of the green zone.

Odd how I always feel grotty just as Garmin has me on the up.
Have been productive for 4 days :) (optimal load, high aerobic shortage) but will probably drop back to maintaining later as only another short easy jog on plan for today.
27 Jan
9:07am, 27 Jan 2024
6,410 posts
  •  
quimby
How is it, with my HRV low, my training readiness at 9, and Garmin saying I'm strained, 6 minutes into my run this morning, it's "Hey, performance condition +5! Yay!"

(I honestly don't believe I'm in such a state as my Garmin thinks, I feel fine and I'm just about to taper for a race.)
27 Jan
9:52am, 27 Jan 2024
51,174 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
You are a fine tuned athlete in disguise?
27 Jan
10:08am, 27 Jan 2024
6,411 posts
  •  
quimby
Lol. I think Garmin is just heavily biased against my sleep habits. I doesn't like me getting 5 hours sleep then having a 2 hour nap later. It works fine for me; I don't get on with 7-8 hours solid sleep. But Garmin hates it.

About This Thread

Maintained by EvilPixie
According to my Garmin this morning my body battery was at just 41 and I was "strained"
I have been strained for most days in the last 2 weeks
My body battery has also been low

So today it suggested a threshold run of up to an hour!

What's your Garmin say?