Garmin Status - what does Garmin say about you today?!

26 watchers
Oct 2023
10:43am, 13 Oct 2023
4,876 posts
  •  
kstuart
I managed to knock up 24 hours recovery doing a 2.3 mile run in London a wee while ago. Kinda lol it only gave me 88 hours for 30 wet miles on Saturday ffs.

It is rather warm though down here where as had to deice car yesterday before heading off.

Yeah HRV is a rolling 7 day average so mine has just edged into bottom of unbalanced for now but as i am eating and drinking in London it's going to be lower than usual so will no doubt drop back down.
Oct 2023
1:05pm, 13 Oct 2023
4,796 posts
  •  
clare1976
My garmin is mirroring how I've felt through this dose of covid so I do think it knows its stuff. I've been 'maintaining' training status for ages (was on the cusp of getting towards productive I think as I had introduced more top end anaerobic) but quickly dipped to recovery for 1 day, then has been strained since Monday. My HRV has been in the red for a few days and my sleep score was awful for a while. I'm just catching up my sleep now and today's stats are a bit better, though I think my HRV will be low for a while. Haven't had a 100% body battery for about 10 days now.
Oct 2023
5:15pm, 14 Oct 2023
47,779 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
Got told today that I’d done lots of aerobic stuff lately and that I should try some faster stuff
2 sets of 3 x 15s? At 7:25 pace

Hmmm
1 how fast?
2 how can you possibly say I hit that pace in 15s?!
I declined
Oct 2023
7:29pm, 17 Oct 2023
3,411 posts
  •  
tipsku
EvilPixie, I get those funky sessions from time to time, too. My watch wants me to run 3 sets of 3x 15 seconds at 4:45 pace and that triggers the same questions as you had. On a good day, I can hit low 5s on the track when I do 100 m sprints but going sub 5 is hard and I'm a bit worried about straining anything. Garmin tends to be overly optimistic what your body can handle when it comes to the muscles and joints as it doesn't take that into account at all, only cardiovascular fitness. I'd approach sprinting with caution and start with a target pace at least 30 seconds slower than what Garmin wants and then gradually work myself up to faster paces.

The watch is pretty much useless when measuring speed for these short efforts as it won't catch the short bout of fast pace accurately. I either work with accurate distance on the track where I can measure 50 m or 100 m and then calculate the time I have to run for the distance or I go by power measured with my Stryd pod which reacts much faster than GPS.
Oct 2023
11:07am, 23 Oct 2023
30,218 posts
  •  
Rosehip
Yesterday mine set me threshold 3x7 min at 10:2x. Project joker, based on what Garmin thinks my 5k pace is suggests 11:3x
I thought I’d give it a go and failed.

Going to stick to its plan for me until Christmas or so, doing these hard sessions might just remind my brain that running hard won’t kill me

Today’s stats
Hrv drifted down into unbalanced again
Rhr 42 - its been much more volatile, up and down btwn 37 and 45 for the last few weeks, does that mean anything?
Maintaining, anaerobic shortage.
8 hrs, sleep, fair.

Training readiness moderate
Suggestion - rest.
Going to do as I’m told, - and get some gardening done.
Oct 2023
11:10am, 23 Oct 2023
48,029 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
After a brief flash of productive I am back to maintaining
HRV is very up ad down which is a combination of lurgy and poor sleep
Today it suggests threshold run for 37 mins with 17 at 11:15 pace
It has also decided that I can do a 34 min 5K now which I am equally unsure of but who know
Oct 2023
12:21pm, 23 Oct 2023
35,321 posts
  •  
Ness
Interestly, after all the walking I did while on holiday my Garmin was still telling me my status was "recovering" at times. After this morning's run it's back to maintaining....

Body Battery - 49 now and was 73 when I first got up. "Your body battery is down 34 points since you woke up. You still have good energy to take on a project or activity today."
VO2 max - superior 48
Training status - Maintaining - High Aerobic Shortage
Load - optimal 628
Heat acclimation 12% (first time I've noticed a score for this. Should have stayed on Ibiza for longer!😂)
Sleep Score - good 88 for 8h 5m "continuous"
HR - resting - 48
Today's training suggestion- "tempo 5x9:00@8:45/mi 1:17:00" Well I attempted a tempo session but wasn't that quick!
Oct 2023
8:58am, 24 Oct 2023
30,226 posts
  •  
Rosehip
HRV -balanced, but still wobbling along the bottom, rhr 40.
Training readiness moderate after nearly 8 hours ‘fair’ sleep (wasn’t, was more like 6 but never mind)
Body battery 93, which is the highest its been for weeks

Suggestion ‘long’ run, 90 mins @13:20 - will be even slower than that but will go do it - probably getting rather wet in the process.
Oct 2023
7:18am, 25 Oct 2023
5,442 posts
  •  
Jaks
My BB is only on 5 this morning 😲. It’s says it’s the same as when I went to bed and that I need to find time to rest today 😂. My RHR is on 54 😲 but I can’t get it to show my HRV or my sleep scores yet. I did have a bit of a rubbish sleep but that’s nothing unusual.
Oct 2023
8:43am, 25 Oct 2023
30,240 posts
  •  
Rosehip
Sounds like it’s not synced properly, Jaks

HRV - balanced (just)

Readiness - moderate
RHR 40
Sleep 5 hrs 30, fair
BB 68

Maintaining, high aerobic (and anaerobic) shortage

Suggested session Base, 35 mins@13:20.

Going to go see what 13:20 steady does to my hr, since it’s only a short one.

About This Thread

Maintained by EvilPixie
According to my Garmin this morning my body battery was at just 41 and I was "strained"
I have been strained for most days in the last 2 weeks
My body battery has also been low

So today it suggested a threshold run of up to an hour!

What's your Garmin say?