Garmin Status - what does Garmin say about you today?!

26 watchers
Jan 2023
9:23pm, 18 Jan 2023
27,826 posts
  •  
Rosehip
Maintaining still, with each run over 40 mins it does say I’m building my base and endurance though, so that’s OK ;)
HRV has dropped back to low again, it’s been wobbling along unbalanced/low for a while. Think the early high numbers I had, which seemed to be much higher than everyone elses, were the odd readings, not the current ones.
Charged body battery to 60, with6 hrs sleep silly thing still hasn’t learned that 6 hours is a goos sleep for me
Average stress level 34, no idea what it thinks I’m stressed about.

Rhr 38, which set the alarm off again,which is what woke me up - how do I turn it off?
Jan 2023
10:01pm, 18 Jan 2023
39,587 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
There is an abnormal hr setting that could do it?
Jan 2023
11:17pm, 18 Jan 2023
27,830 posts
  •  
Rosehip
Thanks Pix, found it eventually :)
Jan 2023
11:34pm, 18 Jan 2023
15,947 posts
  •  
Badger
Mine is predicting I can run a hilly 80km in five and a half hours.
That's a little bit faster than I can run a track mile.
No.
Jan 2023
6:40am, 19 Jan 2023
4,323 posts
  •  
Dillthedog
Waking up, body battery 100, hrv 75 balanced, resting hr 38, sleep 7:19 good. Would be better if elderly dog didn’t need a wee and a drink in the middle of the night. Todays recommended workout 3 x 7 mins threshold. All looking good for this evenings Race, if only I didn’t have to go to work today..
Jan 2023
8:04am, 19 Jan 2023
39,588 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
RHR 56 in my ballpark

Battery 94
Not an awesome sleep 79 and just under 9 hrs (on holiday!) but hot up earlier today

Go do an hour anerobic 2x5x0.40 @10:10 pace
An achievable session!
But maybe not in this weather as probably icy but you know what I might give it a bit of a go.

After yesterday it also told me it as putting my MHR up to 192. I was never near that go not sure how it worked that out but I do have a high HR so probably not that far out (I saw 203 without puking or passing out years ago)
Jan 2023
9:50am, 19 Jan 2023
27,832 posts
  •  
Rosehip
Body battery 77/100 after, it says, 7 hours sleep (it didn’t notice that I was awake on and off since 4 and gave me a good sleep score)
HRV - now balanced
Training readiness, moderate
Suggested training 40 min base @12.55/mi
Jan 2023
9:55am, 19 Jan 2023
2,176 posts
  •  
tipsku
Garmin is happy with my tempo session yesterday, it's no longer badgering me to run more high intensity sessions. But then I got criticized for being a bit restless at night; the high intensity exercise impacted my quality of sleep. You can't really make it happy, can you?

Body battery is at 87, I slept over 7 hours and RHR is going down, now at 45.

Suggested workout is 27 minutes base (140 BPM or 9:00). If I stick to HR, it'll be about 9:15-9:30. But then again, I have a 10 mile MLR on the plan. I'll keep it easy and HR under 140.
Jan 2023
9:55am, 19 Jan 2023
62,259 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
Lowest ever morning body battery - 73/100. I have enough charge for a productive day. HRV also low, 51. I'd walked 258 steps before I got out of bed. I should do 30 minutes threshold at 8.10mm pace today. It's determined to make me run hard. The pavements are not yet conducive.
Jan 2023
10:37am, 19 Jan 2023
2,177 posts
  •  
tipsku
Gobi I've checked how many years my watches have been tracking VO2 max. I didn't realize it's been since 2014 as I'm not really paying attention to it.

Garmin started at 48 (lab test was 56.7 the year before that and 56.8 in 2015) and I gradually improved to 53 until I got thyroid problems in 2019. It dropped to 46 in 2020 after surgery and since then, it's been climbing, first slowly, when I did a couple of months of MAF. Garmin definitely doesn't like low intensity focus. I got a new maximum of 55 in spring last year when I was racing a lot on shorter distances 5k to 10k. Now in marathon training, I'm a a couple of points down but that's okay.

The biggest gripe I have with it is that it always thinks I should be racing faster than I do because those numbers suggest that. That's why I don't pay attention to it. Also, the paces of the suggested runs are usually too fast and if I were to follow that, the session wouldn't have the intended focus.

That was basically my point earlier that following Garmin's suggestions can lead to overtraining and injury if the estimated vo2 max is higher than the actual capacity. In my case, the cardiovascular capacity would be there (according to the tests) but other systems are not trained to the same level so I have other limiters in place that I have to address first before I can run to my vo2 max potential. That's why I find Jack Daniel's running formula and the vdot tables quite useful. The training paces suggested on the website are appropriate for my current running fitness.

About This Thread

Maintained by EvilPixie
According to my Garmin this morning my body battery was at just 41 and I was "strained"
I have been strained for most days in the last 2 weeks
My body battery has also been low

So today it suggested a threshold run of up to an hour!

What's your Garmin say?