Garmin Status - what does Garmin say about you today?!

26 watchers
SPR
Feb 2023
7:30pm, 18 Feb 2023
39,577 posts
  •  
SPR
I don't look at HR when doing them but I always walk my recovery and it's always at least 2 mins (CP system needs that time to recover). For sprints I have workouts set with a 5 sec lead in, then the sprint time, then recover until lap press; this means when I press lap at the end of the recovery, I have a lead in to the sprint.
SPR
Feb 2023
7:32pm, 18 Feb 2023
39,578 posts
  •  
SPR
Regarding the HR, I imagine with enough intervals and the 2 min length you may hit it as a peak but agree HR isn't really a useful target for those sessions and definitely not an average one.
Feb 2023
7:42pm, 18 Feb 2023
2,470 posts
  •  
tipsku
Thank you, that's very useful. Garmin does suggest sprint sessions of 9x 15 seconds with 3 min recoveries at a very low HR. I've done them before (in 2021) but didn't get the anaerobic benefit I wanted (1.3 to 3.1 aerobic). Now I get it why - I've learned more about the session's purpose and proper execution, also thanks to you. I agree with you that it would be better with a lead in so maybe that's what I'm going to set up myself.
Feb 2023
8:02pm, 18 Feb 2023
16,039 posts
  •  
Badger
Thanks both, that is really illuminating. I will make next week's speed session more shorter and faster intervals and see how that works out. SPR, re the predictions: marathon is three minutes faster than I ran last year and I doubt I have the endurance to pull off even last year’s time; the shorter distances all look realistic. 5k is faster than I’ve run in the last couple of months, slower than I was running a year ago, and I’d expect to hit at least that time in the next month or so with current volume/pace. This is an F7x and the predictions are much more sensible than older units, though the VO2max numbers are completely consistent.
SPR
Feb 2023
8:20pm, 18 Feb 2023
39,579 posts
  •  
SPR
Badger - I was wondering whether the watch thought you should be faster based on predictions but I'd expect it should have a personal pace to HR mapping to work off rather than the predictions.
Feb 2023
8:30pm, 18 Feb 2023
16,041 posts
  •  
Badger
With you. I think the predictions are about in line with the paces I’m doing the intervals, as in 400-800 metres are about mile pace or a bit slower, with mile pace in line with the 5km prediction. I think my current times are long enough that it thinks I’d have reached a higher HR if it was actually aerobic.
I did have a sprints session in the recommended workouts earlier in the week but it didn’t look a good combination with the clock rounder I worked that day.
Feb 2023
3:13pm, 19 Feb 2023
28,966 posts
  •  
Ness
Just checked my Garmin to see what it says about me today...

BB 66 (was 89 when I first got up this morning)
SS 83 good
RHR - 45
Status maintaining

Training suggestIon rest still. Which was what I planned for today.
Feb 2023
8:39am, 20 Feb 2023
79,278 posts
  •  
Gobi
Been a busy weekend but no full gas efforts so

Acute load - low

Load focus- balanced
Hrv - 66 balanced
Recovery 7hrs
BB 93 at wake up down to 75 now

SS - 78 an excellent REM SCORE which is rare and this was a restless night
Feb 2023
8:44am, 20 Feb 2023
62,685 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
It reckons I slept for 11 hours and 33 minutes, during which I was awake for 72 minutes. I was awake for a while, but not when the Garmin thinks I was. Acute training load low, BB 100%, HRV been back in the high 60s for a few days. The watch wants me to do 4 x 6min at 8.15mm.
Feb 2023
9:35am, 20 Feb 2023
28,985 posts
  •  
Ness
Today I have ...

Body Battery at 73 (was at 100 when I first got up this morning)
SS 86 good
RHR - 45 (still)
Status also still maintaining

Training suggestIon for today is "Threshold 25:00 minutes@8:25/mi pace 45:00" in total. Actually did about an hour of running including a one mile time trial. Not as fast as the suggested pace though!

About This Thread

Maintained by EvilPixie
According to my Garmin this morning my body battery was at just 41 and I was "strained"
I have been strained for most days in the last 2 weeks
My body battery has also been low

So today it suggested a threshold run of up to an hour!

What's your Garmin say?