Garmin Status - what does Garmin say about you today?!

26 watchers
16 Mar
5:04am, 16 Mar 2024
3,474 posts
  •  
Bowman 🇸🇪
For the first time in years I fell asleep without my watch on, because I was charging it.
I really love looking at the stats in the morning. Now it’s nothing there. 😭
It has been a great night sleep, but it wasn’t measured. I feel awful, how will I recover from this? Should I contact Garmin support maybe?
16 Mar
7:32am, 16 Mar 2024
52,654 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
Oh no bowman
I feel your pain
And you will lose you sleep savant badge
16 Mar
9:12am, 16 Mar 2024
68,171 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
For the first time in years I fell asleep without my watch on, because I was charging it. I really love looking at the stats in the morning. Now it’s nothing there. 😭 It has been a great night sleep, but it wasn’t measured. I feel awful, how will I recover from this? Should I contact Garmin support maybe?

Have you tried doing a hard reset?
16 Mar
11:14am, 16 Mar 2024
4,091 posts
  •  
tipsku
Garmin just complimented me on my good night's sleep that sped up my recovery. I got the highest sleep score ever, 98, with excellent rating for everything. What do I need to do to get 100? Go to bed before midnight?

Last night, another message popped up telling me that my restful day had contributed to me recovering faster. I took a rest day for the first time this month because I gave my B.Sc. dissertation to the printing unit. I can pick it up on Monday to submit it and the, hopefully graduate later in spring. The last weeks have been just writing, running, eating, sleeping, rinse and repeat.

Garmin is quite good at picking up stress; I just looked at my ratings over the past couple of weeks. When I was sitting at my desk editing and formatting the dissertation yesterday, my stress levels were very low. Previously, when I was still in the writing phase, they were higher throughout the day. Once I knew I had finished most of the work and only had to add some details and smooth out things, my mind settled down and I could see the finish line. Before that, I was still worried if I make the deadline or not.

I think this was also why Garmin always gave me a lot of recovery time, no matter if I ran an easy run or intervals. And now it's very pleased with me resting and recovering and it lets me know that :-) Garmin, you're in for a shock, I'll run a 10k race in a bit over 2 hours, hehe.
16 Mar
12:29pm, 16 Mar 2024
31,475 posts
  •  
Rosehip
Mine told me off for not enough sleep, but what I had boosted body battery to 100 for the first time in ages

hrv has hit a new low, but apparently otherwise training readiness is moderate.
suggestion? 28 minutes recovery run *sighs*
16 Mar
12:32pm, 16 Mar 2024
4,092 posts
  •  
tipsku
Well done on the 100% BB. I got that finally, too.

I just checked my Garmin, it suggests 8x 10 sec sprints at 4:45 m/m pace with 3 min recovery walks between.
16 Mar
12:35pm, 16 Mar 2024
17,011 posts
  •  
Badger
Garmin correctly identified driving along the A505 in torrential rain with worrying amounts of standing water on what’s a sketchy bit of carriageway at the best of times as a period of high stress.
16 Mar
12:48pm, 16 Mar 2024
68,181 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
I got a BB of 80% this morning but it only went down to 56% after my run. I had a Low HRV for almost a week then the gadget got bored and chucked in a random high reading to bring it back to Balanced.
16 Mar
3:28pm, 16 Mar 2024
3,476 posts
  •  
Bowman 🇸🇪
Oh no bowman I feel your pain And you will lose you sleep savant badge

Oh man i didn’t even think of that, damn! 😜

Have you tried doing a hard reset?

Maybe I should give it a try 😂
16 Mar
5:18pm, 16 Mar 2024
6,499 posts
  •  
quimby
My HRV has been at the bottom of the red section for over week. Yes, I've had a cold. But a 5k PB today was my "fuck you" to Garmin.

About This Thread

Maintained by EvilPixie
According to my Garmin this morning my body battery was at just 41 and I was "strained"
I have been strained for most days in the last 2 weeks
My body battery has also been low

So today it suggested a threshold run of up to an hour!

What's your Garmin say?