Transgender Athletes

2 lurkers | 97 watchers
Aug 2019
7:33pm, 14 Aug 2019
6,865 posts
  •  
Jambomo
Fetch, I believe it’s the fear that men will pretend to Self-ID as women to gain access to women only changing areas.
Aug 2019
7:36pm, 14 Aug 2019
13,623 posts
  •  
Serendippily
Indeed KatieB. I think of kinkyS blog mid 100 mile :-) My swimming pool has open lockers and single locked showers and individual changing areas. I might’ve thought that odd at one time but it works ok. Even if you have to share it with a small child with a loud voice and an observational nature while you frantically try and change behind a towel.
Aug 2019
7:36pm, 14 Aug 2019
42,752 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
I see the solution to the changing room situation as being one of security and supervision rather than segregation.
Aug 2019
7:42pm, 14 Aug 2019
726 posts
  •  
Vixx
I'd love to be able to have cubicles in changing rooms! Most men's changing rooms do not have cubicles at all, and I can't take the risk of being 'discovered' when changing or showering, so I have to go to most places ready to go and get showered and changed at home. This adds extra time to my day and isn't convenient at all but I have to put up with it until someone decides that men's changing rooms need cubicles too.

When I was female I had the same hassles as 1step - violence or threats of, and once people moved my clothes so that I had to walk across the entire changing room with nothing on just to get my clothes.
Aug 2019
7:44pm, 14 Aug 2019
6,867 posts
  •  
Jambomo
It’s no laughing matter I know, but I can’t help but think any man who went to the bother of self-Id’ing just to get into a changing room I was in would be bitterly disappointed and probably ruing the wasted effort.
Aug 2019
7:46pm, 14 Aug 2019
4,044 posts
  •  
1step2far
Hahaha Jambomo that's just made me really chuckle! :-)
Aug 2019
7:47pm, 14 Aug 2019
4,045 posts
  •  
1step2far
And Vixx we're not playing changing room top trumps here! ;-)

(Although I admit if we were you've just 'won'!)
Aug 2019
7:57pm, 14 Aug 2019
727 posts
  •  
Vixx
1step - it's like you read my mind! I don't want to get into a p***ing contest as to "Who has potentially had it worse" as we all have different experiences in life, and whilst I'd love everyone to just have only fantastic experiences, unfortunately the ones that aren't tend to teach us more :(

If I hadn't transitioned, I'd still be in your shoes having those experiences instead.
MsG
Aug 2019
7:58pm, 14 Aug 2019
1,222 posts
  •  
MsG
The reason I mentioned the YV case was because people were wondering why/if someone might go to the trouble of self-id - I realise it's straying from the main topic but it's very difficult to explain concerns without giving the wider context.
MsG
Aug 2019
8:00pm, 14 Aug 2019
1,223 posts
  •  
MsG
Vixx and 1step - it's terrible you've both been treated that way and you shouldn't have been.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
This thread is prompted by a discussion on the parkrun thread, after the ladies record at a parkrun ...