Take pictures of how you run

6 watchers
Jul 2023
8:18pm, 24 Jul 2023
732 posts
  •  
Minimag
My shoes always wear out far quicker than I expect, now I know why.

I took an old Gopro type cam out with me today on my run to try identify why my left shoe always wears out on the outside of my foot, I now now why.

This is worth doing if you think you dont land correctly, or just to understand why your shoes wear out in odd places. I always thought I landed on omy forefoot, not so!

Pictures in next post, if I can then tag them
Jul 2023
8:19pm, 24 Jul 2023
733 posts
  •  
Minimag

Jul 2023
4:37pm, 25 Jul 2023
47,346 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Flat land
Not flat land

Yip, photographic evidence! Not sure I can be bothered to do that! I run wonky. I think I know this! :-) G
Jul 2023
4:38pm, 27 Jul 2023
21,571 posts
  •  
Sigh
A couple of years ago, I bought some Nurvv insoles (on offer); they consistently showed that I was, well, take a look:

Since then, I found that buying shoes with some support (rather than neutral, as advised by several in-store gait analyses) leads to less wear and more mileage out of the shoes I buy. I no longer use the insoles, but kept them in case I ever want to check my footstrike again in the future.
Jul 2023
4:57pm, 27 Jul 2023
2,870 posts
  •  
Bowman πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ͺ
Cool gadgets Sigh!
Jul 2023
6:11pm, 27 Jul 2023
21,572 posts
  •  
Sigh
Cool gadgets Sigh!

It is, Bowman πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ͺ and glad I only paid about the price you'd pay for a pair of trainers; but as a system, it's all an inferior duplication of what I already got from my Garmin, with the exception of the footstrike, which (once I'd established a regular pattern) wasn't necessary on every single run.
Jul 2023
6:29pm, 27 Jul 2023
2,871 posts
  •  
Bowman πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ͺ
Yea I looked at it, and it’s a bit pricy.
The only thing I’d like to know it’s the foot strike thing, and when you know that from a few different runs and paces, not much more use I guess.
Jul 2023
10:30pm, 29 Jul 2023
452 posts
  •  
totalbeginner
I've had gait analysis done and it made a big difference. I used to suffer a lot with shin splint pain when I ran in neutral trainers but after the gait analysis recommended support shoes I've never had it

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Minimag
My shoes always wear out far quicker than I expect, now I know why.

I took an old Gopro type cam out with me today on my run to try identify why my left shoe always wears out on the outside of my foot, I now now why.

This is worth doing if you think you dont land correctly, or just to understand why your shoes wear out in odd places. I always thought I landed on omy forefoot, not so!

Pictures in next post, if I can then tag them