Boston Marathon (USA) as a Slower Runner

5 watchers
Apr 2023
3:25pm, 19 Apr 2023
26,576 posts
  •  
TROSaracen
I would agree, I thought I had it nailed and when I crested Heartbreak and really thought it was going to be a cruise on the flat/downhills to the finish line and a PB.

But the start of the downhill running revealed I had smashed my quads in the early hills and it was going to be a laboured, slowing last 5 miles. Missed PB by 3 minutes.

Definitely would like to strategise it better!

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Metro_Nome
Hello fetch hive mind. I’ve been giving some thought to what I might like to do to celebrate my 40th birthday (incoming in 2025). I considered a 40 mile ultra but think that’s beyond reach

Seeing all the posts and now watching the coverage from Boston, I’m wondering if my 40th marathon at Boston could be the one.

I’ll never be able to qualify, but would be willing to fundraise and chuck a fair amount of cash at it… does anybody have any experience of doing it this way, and any t...