Garmin Status - what does Garmin say about you today?!

26 watchers
1 Aug
10:03pm, 1 Aug 2024
56,476 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
Yeah I will try again
3 Aug
11:33am, 3 Aug 2024
8,310 posts
  •  
Jaks
I think those falls I had wiped me out or I was coming down with something anyway. I’ve had mouth ulcers and a sore throat all week.

Today is the first day I’ve gone from strained to recovery, HRV has moved from the bottom end of low to unbalanced and my RHR is now just a couple of beats over what it should be. Recovering nicely I think.
3 Aug
12:38pm, 3 Aug 2024
32,775 posts
  •  
Rosehip
training readiness -High, Excellent recovery
Status recovery

daily suggestion (no events in calendar) 2x16 @10:10

why is it obsessed with threshold - doesn't it remember last weekend and know how creaky my joints are?
3 Aug
1:50pm, 3 Aug 2024
8,313 posts
  •  
Jaks
Sorry that made me 😂 RH. Your watch is definitely obsessed with you doing threshold runs 😃.
3 Aug
1:58pm, 3 Aug 2024
56,544 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
I spent last weekend on my feet

BB down to 5 and stayed there half + of both days

Monday it told me to do intervals
11 Aug
11:19pm, 11 Aug 2024
17,329 posts
  •  
Badger
Watch thinks I sweated out 2.7 litres today.
I drank 2.2 during and immediately after the run, then another half litre when I got home, so one of its better estimates I'd say.
27 Aug
2:38pm, 27 Aug 2024
6,679 posts
  •  
quimby
Seems like the key to getting your HRV back in balance is to do a silly long run of 17 miles out of the blue, when you've never run further than 15 miles before, and that was 20 years ago.

I think my Fenix went "fuck me, she's serious, better give her some good stats now!"

🤣
27 Aug
2:40pm, 27 Aug 2024
32,996 posts
  •  
Rosehip
lol!

mine seems to just have a sin wave pattern, occasionally dropping to low for a few days and not always for a reason I can see.
27 Aug
2:41pm, 27 Aug 2024
32,997 posts
  •  
Rosehip
oh and it still wants me to do either threshold runs at silly paces or 12 mile long runs. Am ignoring it.
2 Sep
8:40am, 2 Sep 2024
70,720 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
I've run more in the last month than in any month since doing RtS in September 2000. Garmin's taking the piss now.

It's otherwise being quite flattering. HRV bobbing along the top of the range without going over, training status Productive, suggested training paces getting a little faster across the board, race predictions plausible though the time it quotes me for 10k is slower than my actual recent 10k race.

Its training suggestion for today isn't something that'll generate lots of points and pull me into the Optimal zone. It's 37min "recovery" at a pace that might just get my heart rate into triple figures on the uphills.

About This Thread

Maintained by EvilPixie
According to my Garmin this morning my body battery was at just 41 and I was "strained"
I have been strained for most days in the last 2 weeks
My body battery has also been low

So today it suggested a threshold run of up to an hour!

What's your Garmin say?