•  
chunkywizard
❤️
14 Sep
12:23pm, 14 Sep 2024
2,868 posts
  •  
RooA
Went to Glossop and it was lovely. Not many walkers but I wasn't with the tailwalker. Lovely varied course, friendly marshals and a nice café for afterwards.
14 Sep
12:50pm, 14 Sep 2024
3,003 posts
  •  
AndyS
Turns out the only time I mind having 2 minutes taken off my actual time is when i'm pacing 🤣
14 Sep
12:58pm, 14 Sep 2024
11,334 posts
  •  
Eynsham Red
We had a blind* runner today at Witney. I was pacing 45 which was what she was hoping to achieve. It was lovely listening to the chatter between her and the guide who had never been a guide before. Both encouraging each other in different ways.

* I use the term blind rather than VI as that is how she describes herself.
14 Sep
1:14pm, 14 Sep 2024
12,973 posts
  •  
Jason1969
Hellsbells, that's very lucky. Also very rare.

They missed me out of the results today! Scanning error! All sorted now.
14 Sep
1:31pm, 14 Sep 2024
69 posts
  •  
Cal Jones
Hi folks - new to this thread largely because I'm relatively new to Fetch (used to post on RW before it got shut down) but a keen parkrun tourist. I've been dealing with a nagging hip injury since January which won't bloomin' go away but I'm trying to keep my parkruns going.

I'm based in London but have exhausted everything within the M25 and then some. Today I tackled my NENDY, Higginson Marlow. Tube/Lizzy line to Paddington; train to Maidenhead and then onto the little branch line out to Marlow. Only just made the connecting train, too, even though the first train should have got to Maidenhead with enough to spare. It was close.
As there's only one train an hour out to Marlow, that meant a fair bit of hanging around so I was glad it was a nice (if chilly) morning.
Anyone else heading there, be warned that the public toilets in the park were out of order - not sure how long that'll last but worth bearing in mind. Fortunately there's plenty of dense undergrowth around the parkrun start area should you need to resort to a wild wee.

The course itself involves two small laps of the park (.75 of a mile) before heading down the towpath on a long out and back. It was absolutely gorgeous though I suspect it is less pleasant in winter when it gets muddy and possibly even flooded, so if you're thinking of giving this one a go, I'd do it sooner rather than later.
The course is mostly flat aside from an incline in the park (where you pass behind the Steve Redgrave statue) and a couple of humpy bridges. You could probably get a decent time here if you were up to it, but alas I am a lame donkey at the moment.
There's a biggish cafe/pub in the park, and of course, Marlow itself is lovely should you wish to stick around after. I didn't on account of the fact I needed to get back and was keen not to miss the one train an hour back to Maidenhead.
14 Sep
2:13pm, 14 Sep 2024
69,755 posts
  •  
LindsD
Hi Cal

That's a great review. Thanks. You might want to post it on our parkrun reviews too.

fetcheveryone.com/parkrun.php
14 Sep
2:13pm, 14 Sep 2024
69,756 posts
  •  
LindsD
Also get to it through Race>parkruns
14 Sep
2:23pm, 14 Sep 2024
3,424 posts
  •  
CumbriAndy
Stopwatch bingo completed while tail walking in the drizzle this morning. Needed a little help from the timekeepers who tolerated me hanging back for about five seconds so I could be sure :)
14 Sep
3:16pm, 14 Sep 2024
69,760 posts
  •  
LindsD
:)

About This Thread

Maintained by Groundhog
Fancy a light-hearted chat about your parkrun stories? First run, favourite parkrun, most beautiful parkrun, hardest course, craziest marshal, parkrun tourist on tour (i.e. how to get to Poland), parkrun family photos? Post them here.

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.