parkrun Café

8 lurkers | 123 watchers
14 Sep
5:21pm, 14 Sep 2024
17,517 posts
  •  
chunkywizard
Well done Cal. Sound like you’ll get to my local soon, Dinton Pastures. You’d have to take the Elizabeth Line to Reading then change for Winnersh then it’s a 1Km walk :-)
14 Sep
9:01pm, 14 Sep 2024
72 posts
  •  
Cal Jones
Thanks chunkywizard - yes that one is definitely on the list.
14 Sep
9:06pm, 14 Sep 2024
73 posts
  •  
Cal Jones
Well done CumbriAndy. I got mine two months ago. The last number I needed was .00 (ugh). Naturally, I got .00 again a few weeks later. Same thing happened with the penultimate number (.44) which I got on 23rd December and then again on 20th January. Why is it always like this?
Anyway, neither of us need to worry about that anymore.
17 Sep
2:16pm, 17 Sep 2024
6,370 posts
  •  
Ally-C
Heading to the Crinan Canal Parkrun this Saturday for my 100th venue and to complete all the Scottish ones again for the time being.

Leisurely though, got a half on Sunday.
17 Sep
2:23pm, 17 Sep 2024
17,525 posts
  •  
chunkywizard
Just organised to go to Longleat in October which means I will have chance to do a new event whilst in the area. I think my choices are Five Arches, Bath Skyline or The Old Showfield, but open to other suggestions. Any reasons to view one over another?
17 Sep
2:27pm, 17 Sep 2024
6,371 posts
  •  
Ally-C
chunkywizard wrote:Just organised to go to Longleat in October which means I will have chance to do a new event whilst in the area. I think my choices are Five Arches, Bath Skyline or The Old Showfield, but open to other suggestions. Any reasons to view one over another?

Bath Skyline looks a good course, I’ve seen someone doing it on YouTube before. Other than that I know nowt 😂
17 Sep
2:40pm, 17 Sep 2024
4,794 posts
  •  
Curly45
Bath skyline is lovely. Not done the others though.
17 Sep
2:45pm, 17 Sep 2024
4,908 posts
  •  
StuH
I enjoyed Bath Skyline when I did it. It was quite muddy then but I should imagine it's OK at the moment. I was staying in town so ran UP to the start. I didn't see where the parking was (at a nearby BUPA hospital I believe) and don't think there were any toilets. No mention of a café either.
18 Sep
9:48am, 18 Sep 2024
1,170 posts
  •  
The Mussile
chunkywizard wrote:Just organised to go to Longleat in October which means I will have chance to do a new event whilst in the area. I think my choices are Five Arches, Bath Skyline or The Old Showfield, but open to other suggestions. Any reasons to view one over another?

I presume you have done Somerdale then :) always worth a trip to see the Original and best Curly Wurly - Accept no Walnut whip shaped alternatives

Bath Skyline is the best of those choices as it has a lovely view over Bath and is a nice varied (trail) route. You need to give a decent 15mins to get from the designated parking to the start though. Five arches is a fast flat double out and back that has no particular USP. Similarly there is nothing bad about the Old Showfield but also nothing particularly exciting. if you haven't done it Melksham is quite a varied course
18 Sep
2:30pm, 18 Sep 2024
17,531 posts
  •  
chunkywizard
Het TM, I haven't done Somerdale and would dearly love to but its 55 mins drive for me and unless I can persuade the wife and kids to come as well (and get up early) it's going to be difficult to get there.

I guess my choice will come down to who comes along with me. On my own I might have a blast at Five Arches, if it's only Mrs C she might like Bath Skyline, or I might be able to sell the craziness of Somerdale if the kids come as well!

Thanks for the insights by the way.

About This Thread

Maintained by Groundhog
Fancy a light-hearted chat about your parkrun stories? First run, favourite parkrun, most beautiful parkrun, hardest course, craziest marshal, parkrun tourist on tour (i.e. how to get to Poland), parkrun family photos? Post them here.

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.