parkrun Café

4 lurkers | 124 watchers
27 Jul
12:16pm, 27 Jul 2024
727 posts
  •  
dobbers
Did Fulwell Quarry in Sunderland today - was a 2 lapper with an undulating course which is mostly trail paths so need trail shoes in the winter. Was pretty humid with the rain that passed just before the start. Smallish event with 111 finishers and free parking nearby.
27 Jul
12:17pm, 27 Jul 2024
17,384 posts
  •  
chunkywizard
mrs shanksi wrote:I was RD today and when I realised the 5k app had crashed I advised folk to find a result email so they could find their barcode through that. Usually people don't delete them so it was ok. It helps that we only had 77 people.

Same approach at Dinton, seemed to go ok though.
27 Jul
1:52pm, 27 Jul 2024
4,274 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
I couldn’t believe the 5k ap crashing caused so many problems. I’d been parkrunning for 11 years before I knew of it and it’s only since Covid anybody could use a barcode!
27 Jul
2:20pm, 27 Jul 2024
2,885 posts
  •  
AndyS
If you know your 'A' number, you can generate a barcode on the fly at dfyb.run
27 Jul
2:21pm, 27 Jul 2024
2,886 posts
  •  
AndyS
We visited Southall this morning - lovely flat 3 lapper, in a very pretty park, very friendly and enthusiastic marshals. Heartily recommended.
27 Jul
3:06pm, 27 Jul 2024
15,572 posts
  •  
hillstrider
LL, I deleted the 5k app this morning and reinstalled it. It works fine now.
27 Jul
3:07pm, 27 Jul 2024
10,497 posts
  •  
HunkyTeddy
Yep, slowest ever today, 10 minutes slower than last week! Durlston is tough
27 Jul
3:17pm, 27 Jul 2024
1,023 posts
  •  
AndyJ57
I went to Riddlesdown parkrun today, nice friendly crowd who helped me find the car park, toilets and then the start which is a few minutes walk away from where you enter the course area. The recent weather meant the course was without mud or puddles which the RD said was very unusual. It's two loops around the mainly flat park area with some nice shade on part of the path and then a final run out of about a kilometer to the finish. There was lots of cake today to celebrate a runners 250th event so it would have been rude not to enjoy some. I'm told it gets really muddy in the winter months and I might have to go back to find out for myself. In the meantime, I'd recommend it to anyone who can get there.
27 Jul
4:02pm, 27 Jul 2024
3,796 posts
  •  
Big_G
274 parkruns and a regular user of the 5K App, but I didn’t know it was ‘a thing’ that so many appear to use for their barcodes.
27 Jul
4:07pm, 27 Jul 2024
69,025 posts
  •  
LindsD
Glad you liked it @AndyS

We know a lot of the core team there.

About This Thread

Maintained by Groundhog
Fancy a light-hearted chat about your parkrun stories? First run, favourite parkrun, most beautiful parkrun, hardest course, craziest marshal, parkrun tourist on tour (i.e. how to get to Poland), parkrun family photos? Post them here.

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.