parkrun Café

3 lurkers | 124 watchers
26 Jul
10:15am, 26 Jul 2024
6,337 posts
  •  
Groundhog
@Velociraptor I'm in Buxton this weekend with mum doing a bucket list thing for her - G&S festival Pirates of Penzance. 🙂
26 Jul
10:20am, 26 Jul 2024
27,917 posts
  •  
Dvorak
I'm thinking on where might be the closest possible camping to a parkrun start (discounting wild camping on the start line ;-) ).

At Lochore Meadows, the closest motorhome pitch (well, authorised space in a car park) might be 200m? I think someone mentioned that Forfar Loch campsite is right near the start. And, not a site, but I think you'd be ok with a motorhome on street at Ruchill, about 50m from the start.
26 Jul
10:22am, 26 Jul 2024
76,822 posts
  •  
Lip Gloss
You could park a motor home at the start line of Aberdeen
26 Jul
10:22am, 26 Jul 2024
70,098 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
Enjoy, @Groundhog! I decided I could only justify inflicting one week of amateur G&S upon eL Bee!.
26 Jul
10:25am, 26 Jul 2024
6,007 posts
  •  
Ally-C
Dvorak wrote:I'm thinking on where might be the closest possible camping to a parkrun start (discounting wild camping on the start line ). At Lochore Meadows, the closest motorhome pitch (well, authorised space in a car park) might be 200m? I think someone mentioned that Forfar Loch campsite is right near the start. And, not a site, but I think you'd be ok with a motorhome on street at Ruchill, about 50m from the start.

Lochore is something like a tenner a night, was eyeing that up when I was there a few weeks ago.
26 Jul
10:31am, 26 Jul 2024
3,345 posts
  •  
CumbriAndy
Enjoyed Buxton earlier in the year - not quite flat but the twists/corners on the route will disrupt your rhythm far more than any of the slopes.

Back to Fell Foot for the first time in a month tomorrow - early start to do the setup/course check before not running too hard due to a lingering post-Covid cough
26 Jul
11:20am, 26 Jul 2024
9,027 posts
  •  
westmoors
Dvorak wrote:I'm thinking on where might be the closest possible camping to a parkrun start (discounting wild camping on the start line ).

Ferry Meadows, Peterborough.
26 Jul
11:27am, 26 Jul 2024
1,178 posts
  •  
Weath
Dvorak wrote:I'm thinking on where might be the closest possible camping to a parkrun start

fetcheveryone.com/forum/where-is-there-a-parkrun-with-caravan-site-nearby-60525/
26 Jul
12:31pm, 26 Jul 2024
22,930 posts
  •  
DeeGee
Dvorak wrote:I'm thinking on where might be the closest possible camping to a parkrun start (discounting wild camping on the start line ). At Lochore Meadows, the closest motorhome pitch (well, authorised space in a car park) might be 200m? I think someone mentioned that Forfar Loch campsite is right near the start. And, not a site, but I think you'd be ok with a motorhome on street at Ruchill, about 50m from the start.

The campsite at Market Rasen racecourse is between the start and the car park, to the extent that I got told off by taking a short-cut through the campsite back to my car last time I was there.
26 Jul
12:33pm, 26 Jul 2024
22,931 posts
  •  
DeeGee
Normanby Hall's campsite is the other side of the car park from the run, so I'm discounting that one.

About This Thread

Maintained by Groundhog
Fancy a light-hearted chat about your parkrun stories? First run, favourite parkrun, most beautiful parkrun, hardest course, craziest marshal, parkrun tourist on tour (i.e. how to get to Poland), parkrun family photos? Post them here.

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.