parkrun Café

2 lurkers | 124 watchers
27 Jul
7:27am, 27 Jul 2024
10,487 posts
  •  
HunkyTeddy
Exeter Riverside is restarting next week, it's been months since it was last held. Great news.
27 Jul
10:14am, 27 Jul 2024
2,780 posts
  •  
forest plodder
I really liked Exeter Riverside.
Very warm at Abingdon today, and the course gets very congested in places, so reduced to a walk in places. Really pretty river views though.
27 Jul
10:27am, 27 Jul 2024
723 posts
  •  
dobbers
5k app is crashing on startup causing chaos at some parkrun events as folks rely on it for their barcode - this is according to Reddit so take with a pinch of salt
27 Jul
10:31am, 27 Jul 2024
17,813 posts
  •  
jennywren
No it’s true, the app crashed and lots of people at Alderley Park couldn’t access their barcode. A lot of sorting out to do.
27 Jul
10:33am, 27 Jul 2024
725 posts
  •  
dobbers
Glad I have my barcode loaded on my watch and a backup printed out in the car
27 Jul
10:38am, 27 Jul 2024
3,795 posts
  •  
Big_G
Ross on Wye parkrun today and as I’m staying at campsite close by, I ran there to do the event and ran back.

It’s a 2 lapper around the edge of a couple of fields, so decent paths, with some stones, roots etc. Tends to get around 100-130ish in recent weeks but there were a lot of tourists there today so I’m expecting a fair percentage of first timers in the results today. They have access to a clubhouse that serves drinks, and it’s a nice friendly event.
27 Jul
11:00am, 27 Jul 2024
10,493 posts
  •  
HunkyTeddy
Wow, Durlston really is tough. I think it's tougher than Lanhydrock and maybe even Woolacombe. Everything is either up or down. Very busy today too, a dinosaur themed run.

Might be one of my slowest ever...
27 Jul
11:15am, 27 Jul 2024
16,314 posts
  •  
mrs shanksi
I was RD today and when I realised the 5k app had crashed I advised folk to find a result email so they could find their barcode through that. Usually people don't delete them so it was ok. It helps that we only had 77 people.
27 Jul
11:34am, 27 Jul 2024
17,814 posts
  •  
jennywren
The prize for swankiest loos must go to Alderley Park parkrun (it’s a science park, where they do… er… science, so the facilities are in one of the buildings) Heated loo seats! Imagine
27 Jul
11:38am, 27 Jul 2024
6,012 posts
  •  
Ally-C
Lews Castle is a great, scenic wee course. One of Scotland’s best.

About This Thread

Maintained by Groundhog
Fancy a light-hearted chat about your parkrun stories? First run, favourite parkrun, most beautiful parkrun, hardest course, craziest marshal, parkrun tourist on tour (i.e. how to get to Poland), parkrun family photos? Post them here.

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.