parkrun Café

4 lurkers | 124 watchers
26 Jul
12:43pm, 26 Jul 2024
1,152 posts
  •  
The Mussile
Somerdale very occasionally has a campsite less than 5m from the start/finish. Doesnt really count as its not publicly open and only available for certain events run by the pavilion (Softball tournaments typically)
26 Jul
1:38pm, 26 Jul 2024
2,779 posts
  •  
forest plodder
@The Mussile we've stayed over at the Globe in Newton St Loe. You can get a bus to Keynsham from there, so could get to Somerdale. We went the other way, in to Bath and up to Claverton Down for Bath Skyline
26 Jul
1:42pm, 26 Jul 2024
22,932 posts
  •  
DeeGee
Quite tickled.

The inaugural event that I'm going to support tomorrow is cancelled on Aug 10th, which we've known about for a while, there's a long-standing annual event in the town that weekend and the venue's unusable.

Of course, there's no event website live, yet, but in their wisdom, HQ have already added the cancellation to their cancelled events list for two weekends hence. So, of course, there's suddenly chatter...
26 Jul
2:04pm, 26 Jul 2024
8,989 posts
  •  
Fizz :-)
You were on the radar a few weeks ago, DeeGee, but the cancellation has confirmed things a bit more.
26 Jul
2:12pm, 26 Jul 2024
22,933 posts
  •  
DeeGee
To be fair, I've had a couple of people speak to me about it in general parkrun chatter without knowing that I was to be the ambassador...

I've kept my lips very tightly sealed. Even the family calendar only says "New parkrun event, car all morning"
26 Jul
2:53pm, 26 Jul 2024
16,312 posts
  •  
mrs shanksi
During folk festival weekend we have camping in the same park and you run past the tents. The rest of the year you can camp 5 minutes walk away.
26 Jul
3:11pm, 26 Jul 2024
19,633 posts
  •  
57.5 Degrees of Pain
Kirkwall's start would be about 150m from the nearest campervan pitch, but you'd have to negotiate a 1m high fence. My camping spot was 300m away via a pedestrian gate
27 Jul
6:38am, 27 Jul 2024
95 posts
  •  
BlueTang
I'm on the core team at Wolford Wood parkrun, our course is around the outside of a wild camping meadow. There are a few campers most weeks and some know we are there or have camped especially to run, but we have surprised a few when setting up in the morning. Just tents allowed though or can stay in the cabins
27 Jul
7:10am, 27 Jul 2024
1,167 posts
  •  
Fenners-Reborn
New parkrun 'X' will definitely not start next month. Maybe September. Not sure what the delay is. :(
27 Jul
7:10am, 27 Jul 2024
1,168 posts
  •  
Fenners-Reborn
'X' as in unknown, not X as in the first letter. LOL. ;-)

About This Thread

Maintained by Groundhog
Fancy a light-hearted chat about your parkrun stories? First run, favourite parkrun, most beautiful parkrun, hardest course, craziest marshal, parkrun tourist on tour (i.e. how to get to Poland), parkrun family photos? Post them here.

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.