NEW - 2024 Adriene's 30 Day Yoga Journey

4 lurkers | 54 watchers
Jan 2023
9:03am, 22 Jan 2023
15,007 posts
  •  
Yorkshire Pie
21 done. Those side planks definitely got me working at the end!
Jan 2023
1:58pm, 22 Jan 2023
4,396 posts
  •  
Treacle
Day 21 done here as well. Those side planks were a challenge! But I couldn’t even get into a side plank with knees off the ground at the beginning of the month, and now I just about made it through that whole sequence, so will take that as a win 😀
Jan 2023
2:28pm, 22 Jan 2023
18,959 posts
  •  
Autumnleaves
I did 21 before my run this morning. I find extended side planks very hard on my shoulders unless I get my hand position *exactly* right. Generally I modify them onto my forearms for anything I have to hold - I find I can keep my hips higher and engage the obliques better. Anyway, didn't collapse, so that too is a win!
Jan 2023
3:12pm, 22 Jan 2023
923 posts
  •  
SooWoo
Day 20 Restore was perfect for after my 15mile run. Think I’ll save Day 21 for another day though!!
Jan 2023
3:37pm, 22 Jan 2023
3,363 posts
  •  
panad
Day 21 done ✅

Strength

Ouch! A wake-up call for the abs! Very short and sharp, but felt like I achieved something afterwards - one of those where you’re cursing Adriene during and can say ‘I survived!’ at the end.. quite enjoyable in a sadistic way. I liked the rocking up and down to boat 😁 and was pleasantly surprised by the strength I found in the planks (a result of doing the 12 days of Fetchmas last year I suspect…) Like day 6 one to be repeated from time to time.
Jan 2023
4:40pm, 22 Jan 2023
59,523 posts
  •  
LindsD
Day 19 done. Interesting one. Quite liked it. Chose to do second standing split instead of whatever she did then. Can't remember but didn't like it :) and do like symmetry
Jan 2023
5:01pm, 22 Jan 2023
2,695 posts
  •  
Flatlander
I did Day 19 this morning as well. I remember others writing previously that she had forgotten to do the 2nd side, so when she got to that point I also noticed. I thought of pausing the video and doing the missing side like you did Linds, but elected to carry on.

It's not like in real life classes where we can nicely remind the teacher that "we haven't done the other side yet", is it? ;-)
Jan 2023
5:02pm, 22 Jan 2023
308 posts
  •  
GetOutTheDoor
Going slower here - managed both days in the weekend. Have just done day 15. Definitely feeling a bit stronger. Though I need caution with my bad hip. Improved core strength is helping with that, just some moves catch it. Keen to keep up extra yoga in February - though I still be doing centre for some of February…….
Jan 2023
5:14pm, 22 Jan 2023
2,940 posts
  •  
PenW
Day 18 and 19 done today.
Jan 2023
6:37pm, 22 Jan 2023
21,185 posts
  •  
Sharkie
Day 21 done. Would have preferred something less taxing today as I am a bit knackered, although it was ok and there was nothing I couldn't do. I nearly wimped out and did the easier versions (pleading Great Age) - but point of honour not to, so I didn't.

To be honest I find side plank -even with extras - easier than front plank. I think it's cos it's less BORING.

Still no hideous Crow, which I deffo can't do.

About This Thread

Maintained by Bintmcskint
Who's in?

Adriene's 2024 30 day "yoga journey" is called Flow
Join us for the very best start to your yoga year :-)

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.