Garmin Status - what does Garmin say about you today?!

26 watchers
8 Jul
9:55am, 8 Jul 2024
69,770 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
My Garmin has been putting the boot in about my blood donation on Friday. My BB hasn't been much above 60 on each of the last three mornings, my HRV looks as if it's fallen off a cliff from Balanced to Low, and today its holistic verdict is Strained.

Yesterday my suggested session was 2hrs 30min at a pace slightly too fast to be Base for me. Since I never run for that long in training and it thinks I'm 13 weeks out from my next target race I'm not sure where that came from.
8 Jul
9:57am, 8 Jul 2024
69,771 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
(The Garmin stats don't reflect how I feel at all; I'm fine apart from tight calves.)
8 Jul
9:59am, 8 Jul 2024
55,795 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
It's dropped my base pace to 14:15 but still thinks 16:30 for recovery
Slight increase in HRV baseline after a few days of unbalanced as over the top

BB 90 this morning

Retirement definitely helping with that

I'm also often seeing RHR lower when reading on the sofa than in bed
8 Jul
10:00am, 8 Jul 2024
32,487 posts
  •  
Rosehip
suggestion today is 67 minutes base at a pace that is too quick for base, then less than three weeks out from a target 50 miler it thinks I should be running VO2max intervals twice this week
- think it has me confused with maybe 10K training?
8 Jul
7:44pm, 8 Jul 2024
6,644 posts
  •  
quimby
I got a rare "Peaking" in my training status today - after a very slow 4 mile run which included a walk across a field where I couldn't see the path for the crop. 🤷‍♀️
11 Jul
10:35am, 11 Jul 2024
69,813 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
My Garmin appears to have decided that since I'm wilfully choosing to believe real world evidence over its HRV and sleep data it's going to teach me a lesson by withholding them. Got an overnight heart rate trace and Body Battery (which is back to normal now), but the sleep and HRV screens tells me I wasn't wearing my device overnight.

Or it could just be a glitch, of course.
11 Jul
10:44am, 11 Jul 2024
3,709 posts
  •  
Big_G
Talking of glitches, the secondary recovery screen on mine is showing the text “Avg Dist per STK”, with no other info. Is this the name of a swimming-related data field? If so, I don’t swim.
11 Jul
10:55am, 11 Jul 2024
69,816 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
It was a glitch. It's produced the data since I made the last post. The problem may have been that it thought I was still asleep until 10am.
11 Jul
1:08pm, 11 Jul 2024
32,529 posts
  •  
Rosehip
no idea about STK @Big_G - am intrigued about second recovery screen though, will need to investigate

Mine still has me productive, longest streak yet. Not sure why and it's really too late to make a physiological difference, but I'll take the mental boost ;)
11 Jul
1:32pm, 11 Jul 2024
69,820 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
I got a spell of Productive before my last race (which the Garmin knew about). Then it flipped to Maintaining a few days before and Recovery on the day before the race.

Still Strained. Almost plausible with the additional recovery burden added by starting climbing regularly again (though I don't wear the watch when climbing), but I think the app is making shit up.

About This Thread

Maintained by EvilPixie
According to my Garmin this morning my body battery was at just 41 and I was "strained"
I have been strained for most days in the last 2 weeks
My body battery has also been low

So today it suggested a threshold run of up to an hour!

What's your Garmin say?