Garmin Status - what does Garmin say about you today?!

26 watchers
Nov 2023
10:06am, 9 Nov 2023
30,370 posts
  •  
Rosehip
HRV still low, status still strained. Think itโ€™s bobbins.
Nov 2023
12:14pm, 9 Nov 2023
66,205 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
Rebooting my 'phone put my Training Status back where it was. Also still Strained with HRV bobbing along the ocean bed. Yup, bobbins.
Nov 2023
12:19pm, 9 Nov 2023
5,634 posts
  •  
Jaks
My HRV is still unbalanced. Iโ€™m thinking my Garmin knew something as my HRV dropped and my HR has been high for a couple of days then yesterday I felt really ill, nauseous, high temp and generally feeling really poorly. Must have been a bug of some sort as today Iโ€™m feeling much improved, not fully back to normal but getting there ๐Ÿ˜.
SPR
Nov 2023
12:19pm, 9 Nov 2023
43,199 posts
  •  
SPR
Are you thinking the HRV is inaccurate?

I also have low HRV which is automatically strained but in my case the HRV is likely accurate given I came down with something about a week and a half ago and it has been reflected in higher HR in runs.

I guess Garmin think there can be issues with it as it doesn't change the recommendations as far as I can see.
Nov 2023
12:39pm, 9 Nov 2023
66,208 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
If I had a reason to want to track my HRV I wouldn't use my Garmin.
Nov 2023
12:57pm, 9 Nov 2023
35,882 posts
  •  
Ness
My Garmin doesn't track HRV. Don't think it's a posh enough version for that. Other things it does tell me....

Body Battery - 49 now and was 71 when I first got up. "Your body battery is down 22 points overall since you wokeup. Stress can impact battery levels, so look for ways to reduce stress throughout the day."
VO2 max - superior 48
Training status - Maintaining - High Aerobic Shortage
Load - optimal 840
Heat acclimation no score for that! ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ
Sleep Score - fair 79 for 6h 46m "shorter than ideal, continuous"
HR - resting - 45
Nov 2023
1:07pm, 9 Nov 2023
48,562 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
BB was 99 this morning now 34 so I expect close to 5 by bed time!!
still maintaining with steady VO2 max value and the long standing anaerobic shortage
my training load is sufficient to maintain but blah blah blah

SS of 81 good which I am surprised at as I was wound up when I went to be
yet again Garmin wanted me to do a threshold run which I, again, declined!
SPR
Nov 2023
1:08pm, 9 Nov 2023
43,204 posts
  •  
SPR
If I had a reason to want to track my HRV I wouldn't use my Garmin.

Makes sense especially with your background.
Nov 2023
1:49pm, 9 Nov 2023
3,154 posts
  •  
Bowman ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ช
I actually think Garmin does an ok job With HRV, at least with newer optical sensors. Not in a single point in time, unless you sit still an being careful having the watch very perfect on you wrist.

But as an average during sleep, and with some calculations, you can see a trend over time that will be somewhat ok. And it can indicate if it trail upwards or downwards and so on.
Nov 2023
2:44pm, 9 Nov 2023
66,212 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
I can see a trend over time that doesn't correlate with health, training, performance, lifestyle or anything else.

About This Thread

Maintained by EvilPixie
According to my Garmin this morning my body battery was at just 41 and I was "strained"
I have been strained for most days in the last 2 weeks
My body battery has also been low

So today it suggested a threshold run of up to an hour!

What's your Garmin say?