Garmin Status - what does Garmin say about you today?!

26 watchers
Aug 2023
9:58am, 15 Aug 2023
29,686 posts
  •  
Rosehip
Using tat table, my run-walk average power come out between untrained and fair, steady grey zone running is about 3 or between fair and recreational.
Probably flattering here too :)
SPR
Aug 2023
10:00am, 15 Aug 2023
42,209 posts
  •  
SPR
5 for a couple of days is still exceptional I'd have thought Badger. Even if BB is based on typical day, it's still saying you're ruined as you said.

I think I've hit 5 a couple of times and I was definitely cooked at the point I hit 5. The one time I remember was extremely hot conditions for 5000m race a couple of years ago where it was train journey there, support before my race, race, then support after race, plus journey by train back.
Aug 2023
10:03am, 15 Aug 2023
25,698 posts
  •  
GimmeMedals
After weeks of my Training Status being strained, I've been promoted to Unproductive. It feels like a win :)
Aug 2023
10:04am, 15 Aug 2023
45,694 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
LOL GM
Aug 2023
10:04am, 15 Aug 2023
3,183 posts
  •  
cackleberry
My HRV baseline is rising to meet my current high HRV which I hope is an indicator of gradual increase in fitness.
Aug 2023
10:05am, 15 Aug 2023
45,695 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
mine did that CB but now my HRV has dropped (still above what it was) and I am strained
seems linked to diet not fitness for me
Aug 2023
10:07am, 15 Aug 2023
3,184 posts
  •  
cackleberry
EP - I find alcohol messes with my body more than I ever realised. Even just one pint of beer will increase the recorded stress response for the rest of that day and into my sleep.
My diet isn't horrific, but could be a LOT better...
(*cough* ultra runner = pizza for fuel)
Aug 2023
10:16am, 15 Aug 2023
45,697 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
after 10 weeks of being brilliant and losing weight my stats had improved but I've been rebelling a bit especially due to work boredom/stress (of not knowing what is happening not work load!) and availability of KP snacks! plus, as you say alcohol

I need to get back to losing and then find a better job and way to continue with life without snacking (which will probably be helped significantly through change of job, working for mcvities doesn't help!)
Aug 2023
10:21am, 15 Aug 2023
29,687 posts
  •  
Rosehip

I find getting down to 5 quite straightforward

Staying there requires an overnight 50 miler
Aug 2023
2:10pm, 15 Aug 2023
16,466 posts
  •  
Badger
SPR
5 for a couple of days is still exceptional I'd have thought Badger. Even if BB is based on typical day, it's still saying you're ruined as you said. I think I've hit 5 a couple of times and I was definitely cooked at the point I hit 5. The one time I remember was extremely hot conditions for 5000m race a couple of years ago where it was train journey there, support before my race, race, then support after race, plus journey by train back.

I didn't suggest it wasn't exceptional - this is two or three times in the last five years, at the very hard end of what I do. I am just saying that, say, 24 hours in to BB reading 5 I am feeling better than straight after the event, even if the measure doesn't have the dynamic range to show that. But it's still accurately describing me as cooked :)

About This Thread

Maintained by EvilPixie
According to my Garmin this morning my body battery was at just 41 and I was "strained"
I have been strained for most days in the last 2 weeks
My body battery has also been low

So today it suggested a threshold run of up to an hour!

What's your Garmin say?