Coronavirus **support** thread

160 watchers
Jun 2020
11:33am, 1 Jun 2020
17,573 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
when I was teaching one of the heads stopped some kids who had dropped litter and asked why
they said it gave the cleaners something to do

I guess there are people who just think it's not their job/responsibility
and if others have "missed" the bin or if it's full then pilling next to the bin is OK as they have then "put it in the bin"

I've challenged people/kids before who have dropped stiff - I've seen them drop it and they deny it saying it must have been me!
Jun 2020
11:57am, 1 Jun 2020
2,623 posts
  •  
Little Miss Happy
Yes bottles, cans, BBQs and general detritus in evidence just about anywhere green here too :-(

If someone can explain to me how contact tracing is going to work with the people within 1m of each other for over 15 minutes at Durdle Door whilst the helicopters were there on Saturday I'd be really interested to hear. Yes it was outside but that level of exposure will have a risk.
Jun 2020
12:09pm, 1 Jun 2020
16,900 posts
  •  
GimmeMedals
I live a mile down a single track lane from a river. There are some really ornate bridges over the river and two within half a mile of each other in my part. A few months ago, someone drove a stolen car onto one and set fire to it, damaging the base of the bridge. It was made safe for pedestrians and cyclists to cross with barriers to keep people off the burnt section.

The barriers were thrown into the river on Friday night by a group of young adults.
On the village FB page this morning I read that a group of young adults had a gathering at the other bridge last night, with beer bottles.

At the end of the night, one of them threw the box of empties into the air and the glass smashed everywhere :(
Jun 2020
12:16pm, 1 Jun 2020
17,581 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
FFS what is wrong with people?
even if we ignore the pandemic thing this is NO way to behave
Why do people think it's OK to litter - is it the way they are brought up now with no respect for things as most things are cheap and can be easily replaced without thought? Or is it too much cheap alcohol too readily available?
or that drinking to excess is acceptable or indeed expected?
Jun 2020
12:46pm, 1 Jun 2020
47 posts
  •  
mathschick
the litter and destruction of the countryside is awful

I have been wondering, there is a lot of talk about being within 2m for 15 mins , but what if you are in an office all day, maybe a bit further than 2m but sharing the same office all day every day - there must be transmission risk (obviously on surfaces like door handles but apart from the surfaces). Luckily I am working from home, but just wondering - I am sure there must be a risk
Jun 2020
12:47pm, 1 Jun 2020
17,586 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
my thoughts exactly MC! And how do you keep loos and kicthen/canteen etc clean
Jun 2020
1:09pm, 1 Jun 2020
6,090 posts
  •  
Fragile Do Not Bend
I’m going back to work this week (one day a week) and from what I can tell we will pretty much have to wipe down everything we touch, and bring in our own personal cups/cutlery etc.
Jun 2020
1:13pm, 1 Jun 2020
10,610 posts
  •  
Little Nemo
Maybe these people can only hold one thought in their head at a time? They spend all their time trying to SD properly so they can't possibly manage to not litter at the same time...

MC, if I end up going back to the office and then catch C19 I'd tell all my colleagues to get tested.
Jun 2020
1:43pm, 1 Jun 2020
10,285 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
There is a lot of stuff people seem to think doesn’t apply during a pandemic the other noticeable one is people driving like they’re on a race track. A few weeks ago had we not opted to wait for a bike to pass I probably would have been taken out as literally seconds later a car came though a 30 at easily 70-80 he almost lost control on the bend.
Jun 2020
1:45pm, 1 Jun 2020
10,286 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
On litter dropping circa 28 years ago we had my 2 then little cousins out with us. They had cartons of juice and when finished they both dropped them on the floor. They were asked by us why that was acceptable they said there is no bin, we asked them to pick them up and explained that they must never throw rubbish on the floor you take it home if there is no bin.

Little one picked hers up and took it

About This Thread

Maintained by DocM
PLEASE NOTE
There is a separate discussion thread for debating the grander scheme of things here: fetcheveryone.com/forum/coronavirus-discussion-thread-61609

Go there if you want to talk about whether it's real, whether the government are trying to control us, etc, etc.

===

information, discussion and support about the unfolding Covid-19 outbreak
NO politics please
And above all please be kind and respect others points of view and concerns.

microbiologists view byFlatlander
Science of coronavirus
fetcheveryone.com/blog/37839/2020/3#blog403867
coronavirus testing by Flatlander
fetcheveryone.com/blog/37839/2020/4#blog405255

information for ashtma sufferers
asthma.org.uk

information for pregnancy
rcog.org.uk

imperial article
imperial.ac.uk
imperial.ac.uk

Government advice gov.uk

advice for those with RA and autoinmmune diseases
nras.org.uk

diabetes advice
diabetes.org.uk

explaination of the maths of the growth of the epidemic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kas0tIxDvrg&fbclid=IwAR3exg0rG_Bz3gPqjXY3rcFajqVSk-cOK5lQGVkYcuzoMOdNEp7VTgH-Kac&app=desktop

tips to help you cope
drive.google.com

Advice to stay at home
assets.publishing.service.gov.uk

planning for and what to do if you are ill
covid-at-home.info
support for self isolates
nhsvolunteerresponders.org.uk

Ft coronavirus tracker
ft.com

A good article about dealing with the feelings of grief that the current situation has given us hbr.org

advice on self isolation for indivuals with symptoms or and their household
gov.uk

seven day rolling averages
ourworldindata.org

A sustainable exit strategy document
institute.global

susceptibility to covid by flatlander
fetcheveryone.com/blog/37839/2020/5#blog406151

bromage article
erinbromage.com

government guidelines 11th may for England(NI, Scotland and Wales linked at the bottom of article)
gov.uk

breathing practice
physiotherapyforbpd.org.uk

lancet articles
thelancet.com

help with mask anxiety
psychologytoday.com

tracker
travellingtabby.com
theguardian.com
video of droplet dispersal
https://youtu.be/DNeYfUTA11s