•  
GimmeMedals
That's good to hear, Tm
Jun 2020
5:02pm, 1 Jun 2020
11,695 posts
  •  
Markymarkmark
MY (shielding) mother and sister went out for a car ride, bought an ice cream and ate it in the car, whilst looking at the view over the sea.

They seem happy, for minimal risk.

(Assuming the ice cream was suitably hygienically provided!)
Jun 2020
6:05pm, 1 Jun 2020
2,625 posts
  •  
Little Miss Happy
That's nice to hear TM and Mark.
Jun 2020
6:27pm, 1 Jun 2020
2,626 posts
  •  
Little Miss Happy
So now it's illegal to stay in someone else's house overnight - but the police have no powers to enforce it?
Jun 2020
6:32pm, 1 Jun 2020
6,812 posts
  •  
Helegant
To add to the litter comments. At the riverside this morning each bin was full and there were piles of litter around the bins. I got talking to a swimming 'live-aboard' from a nearby narrowboat and she said she clears the grass and paths each day after her swim but can only pile the debris next to the bins as she has no access to any other rubbish disposal. I can only imagine what the grass must have looked like before her efforts. It's definitely much worse than usual locally to me too.
Jun 2020
6:33pm, 1 Jun 2020
6,813 posts
  •  
Helegant
And as for the risks of sharing an office for several hours over several days - I'm pretty sure that's how I caught it.
um
Jun 2020
6:44pm, 1 Jun 2020
2,561 posts
  •  
um
LMH - why do you say the police have no powers to enforce it. It's a bit like a maze, but don't the current regulations (england) allow for it? legislation.gov.uk

Reg 8.3 covers enforcement of reg 6 (no overnight stays)
8.3 Where a relevant person considers that a person is staying overnight at a place other than the place where they are living in contravention of regulation 6(1), the relevant person may—
(a) direct that person to return to the place where they are living.

and then, reg 9 covers the offence & penalty
9.—(1) A person who—
(a)without reasonable excuse contravenes a requirement in regulation 4, 5, 7 or 8, or
(b)contravenes a requirement in regulation 6,
commits an offence.

(2) A person who obstructs, without reasonable excuse, any person carrying out a function under these Regulations commits an offence.

(3) A person who, without reasonable excuse, contravenes a direction given under regulation 8, or fails to comply with a reasonable instruction or a prohibition notice given by a relevant person under regulation 8, commits an offence.

(4) An offence under this regulation is punishable on summary conviction by a fine.
Jun 2020
7:05pm, 1 Jun 2020
2,503 posts
  •  
B Rubble
My FiL, whose 80, went into Poole hospital with a suspected heart attack. He needs to be transferred to Bournemouth for an angiogram but it turns out he was in A&E with someone who tested positive for covid. He will now have to stay isolated in Poole for 14 days before anything can happen. This is hugely frustrating for everyone, I'm sure all the medics are battling this sort of thing every day. I'm really worried for him as he would be really vulnerable if he catches it.
jda
Jun 2020
7:28pm, 1 Jun 2020
7,518 posts
  •  
jda
The police don’t generally have the right of entry to your home so will struggle to find offenders in any case.

I think. (No legal expertise here)
Jun 2020
7:30pm, 1 Jun 2020
16,562 posts
  •  
Bazoaxe
BR, thats a worry. Hope all OK.

Ive had probably the best 2 days off work ever. Like being on holiday in my back garden. We did use the new rules and went to see my parents in their garden today and yetserday saw MiL albeit given she is housebound we had no choice but to go indoors.

I got out for my usual socially distanced running, but the number of cars parked by the coast at South Queensferry was a worry.

Judging by the the smoke we just saw and reports on twitter, yobbos have burnt down the, local sports centre.

About This Thread

Maintained by DocM
PLEASE NOTE
There is a separate discussion thread for debating the grander scheme of things here: fetcheveryone.com/forum/coronavirus-discussion-thread-61609

Go there if you want to talk about whether it's real, whether the government are trying to control us, etc, etc.

===

information, discussion and support about the unfolding Covid-19 outbreak
NO politics please
And above all please be kind and respect others points of view and concerns.

microbiologists view byFlatlander
Science of coronavirus
fetcheveryone.com/blog/37839/2020/3#blog403867
coronavirus testing by Flatlander
fetcheveryone.com/blog/37839/2020/4#blog405255

information for ashtma sufferers
asthma.org.uk

information for pregnancy
rcog.org.uk

imperial article
imperial.ac.uk
imperial.ac.uk

Government advice gov.uk

advice for those with RA and autoinmmune diseases
nras.org.uk

diabetes advice
diabetes.org.uk

explaination of the maths of the growth of the epidemic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kas0tIxDvrg&fbclid=IwAR3exg0rG_Bz3gPqjXY3rcFajqVSk-cOK5lQGVkYcuzoMOdNEp7VTgH-Kac&app=desktop

tips to help you cope
drive.google.com

Advice to stay at home
assets.publishing.service.gov.uk

planning for and what to do if you are ill
covid-at-home.info
support for self isolates
nhsvolunteerresponders.org.uk

Ft coronavirus tracker
ft.com

A good article about dealing with the feelings of grief that the current situation has given us hbr.org

advice on self isolation for indivuals with symptoms or and their household
gov.uk

seven day rolling averages
ourworldindata.org

A sustainable exit strategy document
institute.global

susceptibility to covid by flatlander
fetcheveryone.com/blog/37839/2020/5#blog406151

bromage article
erinbromage.com

government guidelines 11th may for England(NI, Scotland and Wales linked at the bottom of article)
gov.uk

breathing practice
physiotherapyforbpd.org.uk

lancet articles
thelancet.com

help with mask anxiety
psychologytoday.com

tracker
travellingtabby.com
theguardian.com
video of droplet dispersal
https://youtu.be/DNeYfUTA11s