Coronavirus **support** thread

2 lurkers | 160 watchers
Jun 2020
8:25am, 1 Jun 2020
2,622 posts
  •  
Little Miss Happy
Good news about the cough. I think the first time doing almost anything since lock down is a bit anxiety provoking.
Jun 2020
8:33am, 1 Jun 2020
3,061 posts
  •  
Wombling Plodder (Welsh Womble)
All the best little nemo.

I agree LMH - I went to the supermarket for the first time in 10 weeks. I grilled OH before hand so that I knew where to go for the queue, what to do when I got to the main door and thereafter. I was very relieved that it wasn’t busy and it went well.
Jun 2020
8:49am, 1 Jun 2020
17,568 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
I do fear for a huge spike in London

I totally get that what happened in America was horrendous but the size of that protest crowd all so close (same goes for the US really)

With so many people so close it's got to be an infection risk
Jun 2020
8:59am, 1 Jun 2020
1,511 posts
  •  
Dave W
Thousands of people at the beauty spots in the dales. Can't blame them really, lovely weather, beautiful countryside. But they left scenes of absolute devastation behind. Rubbish everywhere. Wouldn't mind so much if they took their shit home with them.
Riverbanks and verges stuffed with crap.

If you want to live like f****ng chavs at home, then fine. Everybody should have a mattress, a car engine and soiled nappies in their garden at least once in their lives. But don't bring your shitty, slovenly ways out to nice places.

The scenes on the news about the beaches was so depressing.
I had little faith in large portions of humanity before, and that has been reinforced with a vengeance.
I fear that there is going to be a reckoning, because the virus doesn't discriminate, and doesn't care.
Please keep yourselves and your loved ones as safe as you can.

This isn't over by a long chalk.
Jun 2020
9:25am, 1 Jun 2020
17,569 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
well said Dave
Jun 2020
10:41am, 1 Jun 2020
10,284 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
The photos are truly sad and I cannot believe people think it’s acceptable.

We have woods and fell land where I live we’ve had a lot of fires lately it’s devastating. A huge one weekend before last with high winds it’s caused huge damage. The do-gooders tried saying it was ‘natural’ & glass had probably caused it - before 8am on a morning. And even if it was glass is not natural someone left it.
Jun 2020
10:50am, 1 Jun 2020
13,674 posts
  •  
Yorkshire Pie
The Dales looked like carnage :( On Friday night we have a cycling club pub night and even though people knew it was going to be like that they were still saying they were going to head up to Bolton Abbey/Burnsall on their rides. We went in the other direction and found some nice quiet places, which was so much nicer!

If that is a demonstration of people using their common sense, I'm going to steer clear of them and leave them to it. I just feel for the other people they're affecting.

I spoke to my dad yesterday. Apparently my grandmother (in her 90s) wants to get out somewhere so the suggestion is that she comes round to us to see our garden. I think I'll carry on avoiding contact with anyone until that's happened.
Jun 2020
11:11am, 1 Jun 2020
16,329 posts
  •  
Rosehip
It's not just the honeypots that are suffering litter, I picked up two beer cans and a Lucazade bottle walking across the green just between my house and the first litter bin, about 150 yards (using a dog poo bag as a glove and bag).

That was first thing this morning, having done similar last evening with crisp packets and cider bottles.
Jun 2020
11:13am, 1 Jun 2020
35,022 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Can I just encourage anyone who hasn't already to read Canute's current blog. Once again a thoughtful and informative insight into global reaction to the virus and comparison with our own situation.

fetcheveryone.com/blog-view.php?id=13360
um
Jun 2020
11:29am, 1 Jun 2020
2,553 posts
  •  
um
Rosehip - seems endemic. I filled 3 carrier bags (admittedly on the small side, since it was all I had) with the remains of a 'picnic' just left 50yds from a car park in the New Forest. Polythene & cardboard frinks wrappers, food wrappers & boxes, paper plates, plastic cups etc. If anyone knows who had a picnic with a box of 12 capri-suns, kinder eggs, co-op sausage rolls, 12 cadbury mini rolls and lots of stuff wrapped in tin foil, please let me know.

I don't underdstand how anyone can go to the NF, presumably for the views & animals, have a picnic, then just get up & leave all the rubbish.

Seperately, on Sat, we did see 2 pairs of ranger truck & fire truck near carparks & hotspots - there to extinguish BBQ's, which some people still seemed to have, despite all the notices and TV warnings.

The guidance posted now is to call 999 if any BBQ seen ... police & fire brigade.

Grrr. Maybe not covid related, just arses anyway.

About This Thread

Maintained by DocM
PLEASE NOTE
There is a separate discussion thread for debating the grander scheme of things here: fetcheveryone.com/forum/coronavirus-discussion-thread-61609

Go there if you want to talk about whether it's real, whether the government are trying to control us, etc, etc.

===

information, discussion and support about the unfolding Covid-19 outbreak
NO politics please
And above all please be kind and respect others points of view and concerns.

microbiologists view byFlatlander
Science of coronavirus
fetcheveryone.com/blog/37839/2020/3#blog403867
coronavirus testing by Flatlander
fetcheveryone.com/blog/37839/2020/4#blog405255

information for ashtma sufferers
asthma.org.uk

information for pregnancy
rcog.org.uk

imperial article
imperial.ac.uk
imperial.ac.uk

Government advice gov.uk

advice for those with RA and autoinmmune diseases
nras.org.uk

diabetes advice
diabetes.org.uk

explaination of the maths of the growth of the epidemic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kas0tIxDvrg&fbclid=IwAR3exg0rG_Bz3gPqjXY3rcFajqVSk-cOK5lQGVkYcuzoMOdNEp7VTgH-Kac&app=desktop

tips to help you cope
drive.google.com

Advice to stay at home
assets.publishing.service.gov.uk

planning for and what to do if you are ill
covid-at-home.info
support for self isolates
nhsvolunteerresponders.org.uk

Ft coronavirus tracker
ft.com

A good article about dealing with the feelings of grief that the current situation has given us hbr.org

advice on self isolation for indivuals with symptoms or and their household
gov.uk

seven day rolling averages
ourworldindata.org

A sustainable exit strategy document
institute.global

susceptibility to covid by flatlander
fetcheveryone.com/blog/37839/2020/5#blog406151

bromage article
erinbromage.com

government guidelines 11th may for England(NI, Scotland and Wales linked at the bottom of article)
gov.uk

breathing practice
physiotherapyforbpd.org.uk

lancet articles
thelancet.com

help with mask anxiety
psychologytoday.com

tracker
travellingtabby.com
theguardian.com
video of droplet dispersal
https://youtu.be/DNeYfUTA11s