Working From Home

30 watchers
Jan 2021
11:58am, 19 Jan 2021
22,418 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
GG sounds VERY harsh but I am the sole heir (less a few bits) to my parents estate (as in house etc not an "estate" lol) and I know when mum goes 1) I will need at least 6mths off to sort the house (she still has paperwork from her dad's death 15 yrs ago and loads of crap!) and probably won't need to work again!

But yes I think another 5 yrs or so and maybe think about it. Great gran is 99! With 4 carers a day I am thrilled she has stayed "safe" and I am glad she doesn't know what is going on but covid has meant we haven't seen her since dec 19 and I fear we may not see her
Jan 2021
12:00pm, 19 Jan 2021
827 posts
  •  
Reiver
Thanks um, good idea. Maybe when they get back into Tier 2/3. I'll be on the phone to her tonight.
Jan 2021
1:11pm, 19 Jan 2021
13,187 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
It may be harsh but it’s also reality.

Part of me applying for a new role is it will give me something to get my teeth into, get out of the local business unit politics and no two days will be the same. It’s an audit role it is right up my street and will hopefully see me through the next few years to retirement.

I’m trying hard to stay afloat but the absolute bloody idiots I work with are driving me to distraction. How can you get a customer wrong on a bid register? and I’m getting audited on this very register this month. Their issue I’m trying to solve it. I could quite honestly put my coat on and drop the laptop off at the gatehouse.
Jan 2021
1:39pm, 19 Jan 2021
22,424 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
husband has stuck his job for 16 years - complains like hell but puts up with it so part of me says suck it up until I can retire

But either way WFH is here for a few more months

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by EvilPixie
It doesn't look like we will all be returning to the office any time soon.

I've done 4...