Coronavirus **support** thread

4 lurkers | 160 watchers
Jun 2020
7:49pm, 1 Jun 2020
10,289 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
I don’t know where everyone has gone around here my woods and fells are deserted bar one or two walkers which is much more like pre covid I can only presume they’re off bothering other local beauty spots. Nice to be able to run with few disruptions.

My in laws popped round to drop some plants off this afternoon was nice that they can do this now esp as they are building houses out the back of their house and the jack hammer is going 5-6 hours a day. They went for a drive and a picnic to a local reservoir which was very quiet then called here. Chairs were all disinfected and it was so nice to have a chilled chat. I know we’ve been having a cuppa in their garden while dropping shopping off but it was nice this way round too.
Jun 2020
8:04pm, 1 Jun 2020
2,592 posts
  •  
Tim of Fife
Good to see the Site Management Team at the development today. Hopeful that outdoor groundworks on Phase 2 will start soon. So important to have the construction sector working where safe
Jun 2020
9:25pm, 1 Jun 2020
40,881 posts
  •  
Lip Gloss
Listened to Don Black ( musical writer ) on radio 2 on his recovery from Covid - made me cry.
One nurse had asked what he had done for a living as he had such soft hands ( he was in under his real name ) so he said to google ‘Don Black’ . When leaving the hospital the nurses clapped and sung born free to him - he said it was something he will never forget but also said the NHS staff were true angels and gave him no special treatment as they didn’t know who he was. Said they took the terror of the illness away from him even when it was touch and go.
Jun 2020
9:37pm, 1 Jun 2020
3,063 posts
  •  
Wombling Plodder (Welsh Womble)
I have a tear in my eye too LipGloss - beautiful story in such horrible circumstances
Jun 2020
9:40pm, 1 Jun 2020
40,885 posts
  •  
Lip Gloss
I tried to tell OH again in the afternoon and still it choked me
Jun 2020
9:44pm, 1 Jun 2020
16,168 posts
  •  
Chrisull
And finally it turns out that Covid 19 reached the UK a lot earlier than previously thought I'd say possibly up to a month before hand. (Concurrent with the revised dates for it reaching Paris)

A lot of people have been saying it for a long time. Looks like the singer of one of my fave bands died from Covid-19 (Andy Gill - Gang of Four) and not pneumonia, even now they add "possibly" but it is bloody obvious reading the article - they toured China... and they didn't understand why he went downhill so quickly:

theguardian.com
Jun 2020
5:44am, 2 Jun 2020
2,627 posts
  •  
Little Miss Happy
um- it was in the same BBC article that I read about the new law, a comment from the NPCC. Can't find it now to link too - sorry - but jda is correct, the police would have no power of entry.
Jun 2020
7:58am, 2 Jun 2020
6,462 posts
  •  
Northern Exile
reuters.com
Jun 2020
8:05am, 2 Jun 2020
17,597 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
dangerous to print that as people will only read the headline and not the "IN ITALY" bit and assume life is normal again
Jun 2020
8:50am, 2 Jun 2020
31,284 posts
  •  
halfpint
SO maybe Trump was right and it will magically disappear after all. (I only read the first para or so)

My neighbours have all started gathering in a big group (4 households is the record) at the beach. I think it's been informal up until now, i.e. each household using the beach to relax/walk dogs/swim and stopping to chat. Last night was a very deliberate gathering to have a BBQ. It's interesting to see the mentality change over time. My next door neighbour was told by GP to self isolate for 12 weeks and was being very careful initially (and judging others for not being careful). Now she is the worst offender.

About This Thread

Maintained by DocM
PLEASE NOTE
There is a separate discussion thread for debating the grander scheme of things here: fetcheveryone.com/forum/coronavirus-discussion-thread-61609

Go there if you want to talk about whether it's real, whether the government are trying to control us, etc, etc.

===

information, discussion and support about the unfolding Covid-19 outbreak
NO politics please
And above all please be kind and respect others points of view and concerns.

microbiologists view byFlatlander
Science of coronavirus
fetcheveryone.com/blog/37839/2020/3#blog403867
coronavirus testing by Flatlander
fetcheveryone.com/blog/37839/2020/4#blog405255

information for ashtma sufferers
asthma.org.uk

information for pregnancy
rcog.org.uk

imperial article
imperial.ac.uk
imperial.ac.uk

Government advice gov.uk

advice for those with RA and autoinmmune diseases
nras.org.uk

diabetes advice
diabetes.org.uk

explaination of the maths of the growth of the epidemic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kas0tIxDvrg&fbclid=IwAR3exg0rG_Bz3gPqjXY3rcFajqVSk-cOK5lQGVkYcuzoMOdNEp7VTgH-Kac&app=desktop

tips to help you cope
drive.google.com

Advice to stay at home
assets.publishing.service.gov.uk

planning for and what to do if you are ill
covid-at-home.info
support for self isolates
nhsvolunteerresponders.org.uk

Ft coronavirus tracker
ft.com

A good article about dealing with the feelings of grief that the current situation has given us hbr.org

advice on self isolation for indivuals with symptoms or and their household
gov.uk

seven day rolling averages
ourworldindata.org

A sustainable exit strategy document
institute.global

susceptibility to covid by flatlander
fetcheveryone.com/blog/37839/2020/5#blog406151

bromage article
erinbromage.com

government guidelines 11th may for England(NI, Scotland and Wales linked at the bottom of article)
gov.uk

breathing practice
physiotherapyforbpd.org.uk

lancet articles
thelancet.com

help with mask anxiety
psychologytoday.com

tracker
travellingtabby.com
theguardian.com
video of droplet dispersal
https://youtu.be/DNeYfUTA11s