RW Mature Runners

1 lurker | 12 watchers
4 Jul
10:52am, 4 Jul 2024
15,394 posts
  •  
hillstrider
WtnMel, I agree that fetch is better than RW. A few years ago, when RW was "taken over," it went down hill very rapidly. They did away with the moderators, etc. so there was no checking for spam. It was up to us to report 4 times before it was removed. On fetch, new posters are classed as spam, so it is easier for us report.

Good to hear that there is nothing serious with Margaret's eyes.

I hope that you soon hear back from the Nordic Walking lady.

It sounds like you had a nice time in Croome yesterday.

Well done for this mornings 15.35 mm pace walk.

I walked to and from the polling station earlier this morning, and will be walking to and from the village shortly to meet up with some running friends for a pub lunch. I'm tempted WtnMel, to try and match your pace, but will probably take it a bit easier, as I want to have "fresh legs" for Saturdays parkrun. It's 1.5 miles each way to the village.
4 Jul
11:04am, 4 Jul 2024
15,395 posts
  •  
hillstrider
WtnMel, I've just noticed that the black strip at the top of the screen with the ? in a circle, isn't shown when using the laptop, it's only when using the phone. Strange isn't it!
4 Jul
11:35am, 4 Jul 2024
30,690 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
Hi.

On laptops and bigger screens, there is more room, so the links in the top right corner can be text. But on mobiles where space is at a premium, the text is replaced by icons.
4 Jul
11:55am, 4 Jul 2024
2,663 posts
  •  
WtnMel
Hillstrider - I voted by post last week. Enjoy your pub lunch and yes, I wouldn't be tempted to try a fast walk - best to save your legs for parkrun!

@fetcheveryone - thanks for popping by to see how we're getting on and to pass on useful info. I noticed you are user3 - who is number 1 - and who is number 6? :) :)
4 Jul
12:12pm, 4 Jul 2024
30,691 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
Originally, 1 & 2 were just me testing out the sign up process. Back in about 2007, I auctioned off the #1 user ID for charity. The leading bidder was: fetcheveryone.com/users/1

The next legit signup that still exists was #16 (redordead), and you'll also know user #24 (EvilPixie).
4 Jul
3:05pm, 4 Jul 2024
15,396 posts
  •  
hillstrider
WtnMel, I had a really nice pub lunch with my running friends. My walk there and back was 3.04 miles. Average pace 16.40 m/m, best 9.53 m/m.
4 Jul
11:29pm, 4 Jul 2024
44 posts
  •  
OO61
Aquarius I also hate change, but having been forced into this one I'm pleasantly surprised, really enjoying it do far @fetcheveryone and thanks for popping in.

Hillstrider that session on grass looks tough, sounds like you did well.
Which parkrun this week WtnMel? We are considering Alnwick which would be a new one for me.
5 Jul
7:33am, 5 Jul 2024
15,398 posts
  •  
hillstrider
0061, thanks, I was pleasantly surprised how well I coped with 400 and 200 metre reps after the mile challenge. I'm doing the Lymington parkrun on Saturday, which is mainly on grass. I hope that you enjoy the Alnwick parkrun if you decide to do it.
5 Jul
10:51am, 5 Jul 2024
15,400 posts
  •  
hillstrider
I've done the usual Friday Farmers Walk this morning, and have a dental appointment this afternoon 🙃
6 Jul
4:32pm, 6 Jul 2024
15,408 posts
  •  
hillstrider
We did the Lymington Woodside parkrun this morning. I was a bit disappointed with my 29.32 which is about a minute slower than 6 weeks ago. I was 87th from 171, and first AG 75-80 out of 5.

About This Thread

Maintained by WtnMel
With the demise of the RW forums, several of us who used to chat on the 'Mature Runners' thread have been made homeless (I posted on it even though I am no longer a runner!). I have created this thread so we can continue chatting and I hope the others will find their way here ..