RW Mature Runners

1 lurker | 12 watchers
7 Jul
11:22am, 7 Jul 2024
15,411 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Dreadful weather this morning, heavy rain 🌧, very cold, and strong winds. Just an easy pace 3.85 miles
8 Jul
8:20am, 8 Jul 2024
58 posts
  •  
OO61
We did Alnwick meadows parkrun, basically round a grassy field. It was the B route as the A route had a bull and his herd of cows on the field. Isn't that a great reason for a course change.
It was a very tough course, especially on my dodgy knee but the views of Alnwick Castle were spectacular. We had a nice breakfast in town after and made a day trip of it, until the rain arrived after lunch and we came home.
8 Jul
2:59pm, 8 Jul 2024
15,421 posts
  •  
hillstrider
0061,a bull and a herd of cows in the field was an excellent reason for changing the parkrun course. Last Wednesday, a running friend and I decided to run a virtual 5k in the forest. We turned into a narrow trail and in the middle was a white cow with horns looking very menacing. We stopped and the beast started moving its hooves, as if to charge. We immediately turned back and walked very cautiously onto a parallel path.

Well done for completing the revised course with a dodgy knee.

This morning was a steady road 4 miles with Sarah H.
8 Jul
3:44pm, 8 Jul 2024
60 posts
  •  
OO61
Wise manoeuvre hillstrider 😆
9 Jul
12:17pm, 9 Jul 2024
2,664 posts
  •  
WtnMel
Sorry - not had any time to pop in here and chat lately. My golf was abysmal on Friday - I lost by 22 shots!! Been getting out for some early-morning walks the last few days.

Need to get offline - we have a u3a open meeting this afternoon and as a RUM (really useful member) I need to get there early to set up the chairs. Will try and pop in again soon ..
9 Jul
1:33pm, 9 Jul 2024
15,427 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Sorry to hear WtnMel that you were beaten by Alan in your golf match on Friday. Good that you have had a few early morning walks.

I hope that this afternoons u3a open meeting goes well.

Just the usual Tuesday Farmers Walk this morning.
10 Jul
11:36am, 10 Jul 2024
15,437 posts
  •  
hillstrider
This morning was 4.1 miles with Sarah H and Mike, including 5 x 0.32 miles circuits with 90 seconds recoveries.
10 Jul
3:41pm, 10 Jul 2024
65 posts
  •  
OO61
That's a real pounding WtnMel in the golf, just a bad day I guess.

Hope the circuits went favourably hillstrider. Do you all run together or go at your own pace.
I'm back from Manchester. Still waiting for the grandchild who seems reluctant to pop out...
10 Jul
4:59pm, 10 Jul 2024
15,442 posts
  •  
hillstrider
0061, thanks, my circuits were slower than the last time we did the session. There were just the 3 of us. We ran at our own pace, but waited until we all reached the start again, and set off together again. This meant that the fastest runner, not me, had a longer recovery.

I hope that you don't have to wait too much longer for your grandchild to arrive.
11 Jul
12:05pm, 11 Jul 2024
15,447 posts
  •  
hillstrider
I ran a solo 7 miles in the forest this morning, in lovely sunshine 🌞. I felt surprisingly good, especially after yesterday's hilly circuit reps.

About This Thread

Maintained by WtnMel
With the demise of the RW forums, several of us who used to chat on the 'Mature Runners' thread have been made homeless (I posted on it even though I am no longer a runner!). I have created this thread so we can continue chatting and I hope the others will find their way here ..