NEW - 2024 Adriene's 30 Day Yoga Journey

54 watchers
17 Jan
9:38am, 17 Jan 2024
24,294 posts
  •  
Meglet
I used to hate the slow stuff and the breathing and forward through it, it was particularly bad the year it was titled ‘breathe’. But I’ve been better with it this year.
17 Jan
9:42am, 17 Jan 2024
3,091 posts
  •  
Flatlander
Dio, watching and trying to follow on your phone must be very difficult, wondering what such a tiny screen figure is doing.
I'm lucky that I can watch the youtube videos on my TV, but even that isn't as easy as being in a class with a real life person.
17 Jan
9:50am, 17 Jan 2024
22,340 posts
  •  
Sharkie
Diogenes I agree with Flatlander about live class versus online -and would find it impossible trying to watch a phone. You'd be better off just listening and doing what you can. I have my Mac powerbook on the floor but it's still quite small and I'm better off listening and doing.

If you going to to continue might it be useful to do what I did and whizz back through the thread so you see what others said about various days? Gives a clue what's coming up and various opinions and hints about pace, repetition, alterations etc.

I still think Adriene is good. And all those planks were V useful in my contemporary dance class last night. I was shining star (ha ha, thanks Adriene!)
17 Jan
9:54am, 17 Jan 2024
3,701 posts
  •  
panad
Day 16 KINDNESS done.

I enjoyed this mornings video. Would make a good evening/pre-bed stretch, but was equally good first thing to get me moving.
17 Jan
10:09am, 17 Jan 2024
83,982 posts
  •  
Diogenes
I will persevere. I have trouble at home finding the space to practice. If I'm downstairs where I could put it on the TV then the dog would jump all over me. If I'm upstairs space is limited and there is no screen.

I thought that, having now done some yoga, I'd be able to follow just by listening but it wasn't that straightforward.
17 Jan
10:14am, 17 Jan 2024
24,295 posts
  •  
Meglet
I can mostly listen, I did a couple of days in the gym with earphones in and just glancing at the phone if needed. But then having done quite a lot of Adriene I can often guess what she’s doing next
17 Jan
11:15am, 17 Jan 2024
19,796 posts
  •  
Autumnleaves
Yes Meglet I find that too - and I don't fret as much if I get a smidge behind as I used to!
17 Jan
11:20am, 17 Jan 2024
22,341 posts
  •  
Sharkie
16 done. Can now get on with life...

Do the leg/glute rotation stretches a lot anyway. First learned them in Pliates and I adapt to get a better stretch. Same with figure of 4 stretch, I actively pull my bent leg, via the shin, towards me. (Am pretty mobile in hips)
17 Jan
12:47pm, 17 Jan 2024
40,666 posts
  •  
halfpint
Dio I think she can be slow to get going some sessions. I get twitchy until she really gets going.
17 Jan
4:51pm, 17 Jan 2024
4,418 posts
  •  
Treacle
Day 16 done - worked well doing it after my run as it was nice and stretchy.

About This Thread

Maintained by Bintmcskint
Who's in?

Adriene's 2024 30 day "yoga journey" is called Flow
Join us for the very best start to your yoga year :-)

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.