NEW - 2024 Adriene's 30 Day Yoga Journey

3 lurkers | 54 watchers
May 2023
10:40am, 1 May 2023
39,438 posts
  •  
halfpint
I’ve fallen off the wagon and I know regular yoga really benefits me. I was intending to try the May calendar but wanted a long one today. 57 min balance practice.
May 2023
11:36am, 1 May 2023
8,041 posts
  •  
Corrah
I need to dip back in and out of these. Not really done any since January either. I think I’ll try to get back into this even if it’s not everyday.
May 2023
5:27pm, 1 May 2023
334 posts
  •  
Pam runs
Day1 Turned up and did yoga for hamstrings today 👍
May 2023
5:33pm, 1 May 2023
4,336 posts
  •  
lin50
5 minute full body stretch ✅
Yoga for connection ✅ (today’s random choice)
May 2023
8:55am, 2 May 2023
54,671 posts
  •  
DrPhleecingD
I've been doing Kassandra's 15 minute bedtime series most nights and enjoying them. A bit ad hoc but beneficial. I don't have time for longer yoga sessions right now but might rejoin zoom yoga when teaching dies down
May 2023
2:51pm, 2 May 2023
283 posts
  •  
Raggedy runner
I’ve just completed Kassandra’s 30 day 10-minute yoga programme. I really enjoyed it and she talks you into some poses much more clearly than Adriene does. I didn’t manage every day but at only 10 mins long, I could easily catch up with 2 or 3 at once. Each day came with a separate 2 min video on the daily word. I didn’t bother with those - I just can’t get into that side of yoga.
May 2023
3:07pm, 2 May 2023
21,330 posts
  •  
Sharkie
I only really do the thirty day things, pretty religiously for a month as they happen (have completed at least seven years worth) - then leave yoga for another year. If I'm feeling a bit stiff and achey I occasionally find an Adriene session I thing might help.

I did one a week or so ago and it was the first time I felt I had picked badly. Think it was called 'Restorative' and involved lying on a rolled up bolster and not much else. No nice stretches - which is what I was looking for.

I've been doing a lot of dance since last September and some teachers incorporate quite a few yoga poses - even using yoga names like down dog.

ANYWAY, I have signed up for a summer intensive course at the Royal Academy of Dance in Battersea that's billed as 'Adult Contemporary Dance and Yoga Course' CRIKEY!

You were asked for details of experience in both and I couldn't think of anything more relevant for the yoga part than my several Adriene 30 days. I reckon she is so well known it will mean something to the teacher (who is a yoga practicing dancer rather than vice versa) Hope so!

Not 'til July ...but should be interesting!
May 2023
3:10pm, 2 May 2023
42,839 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
possibly daft question ... how long do you leave between eating and yoga? does it need to be the same length of time as a run or is less ok? Say an hour?
trying to work out when I can fit this in as I really want to do yoga but struggle to fit stuff in!
May 2023
3:24pm, 2 May 2023
19,156 posts
  •  
Autumnleaves
Personally I can do yoga pretty soon after my breakfast bagel, but I can run about 20 minutes after eating.
May 2023
3:26pm, 2 May 2023
42,840 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
OK I will use the same timescales as running thanks

About This Thread

Maintained by Bintmcskint
Who's in?

Adriene's 2024 30 day "yoga journey" is called Flow
Join us for the very best start to your yoga year :-)

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.