Coronavirus **support** thread

2 lurkers | 160 watchers
May 2020
2:28pm, 30 May 2020
16,100 posts
  •  
Sharkie
We were going to have two friends round for tea/coffee in the back garden today... but realised Monday is the start day, so we're putting them off. We've been pretty strict about the rules, as have our neighbours on one side ...but not the other.
May 2020
2:32pm, 30 May 2020
8,376 posts
  •  
leaguefreak
We will be having my in laws round to visit in the garden on Monday. I am very lucky to have a side gate and they live very locally so shouldn't need facilities. In an emergency they can use our downstairs loo (I will clean before they arrive and after they leave if used) and can use the patio door to get in and out of the house with us using the upstairs loo if we need and using the back kitchen door to get in and out.
May 2020
2:50pm, 30 May 2020
33,880 posts
  •  
Night-owl
I'm not a scientist I also think it is too soon.

But who am I to say.
Like Lmh said a few pages back I won't be going out doing stuff. Only what I need to

Like food shopping and so forth. Saying that it is busier today than it has been.

Only time will tell who's right
May 2020
2:54pm, 30 May 2020
14,497 posts
  •  
Ultra Sparkly Bridget (USB)
My observation on my run was more vehicles and fewer pedestrians
May 2020
3:01pm, 30 May 2020
10,272 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Just seen this on FB. A colleagues brother had covid and needed ICU care, he is fit, healthy, circa late 30’s. He was left with bloody clots in his lungs.

elemental.medium.com Any thoughts by those of you with medical backgrounds and more understanding of such things?
May 2020
3:10pm, 30 May 2020
37,258 posts
  •  
LindsD
Clotting with C19 is a known phenomenon
May 2020
3:17pm, 30 May 2020
37,259 posts
  •  
LindsD
Sorry should have read the article first
May 2020
3:29pm, 30 May 2020
16,296 posts
  •  
Rosehip
Interestingly the article makes a strong claim for ACA inhibitors and statins, where initially it was thought that the former might be detrimental. Following a link to the original paper, the claims are very muted and cautious and warn against confounding of factors. It is interesting if true and the MOA does have a certain logic.

I still can't find any info on the current relative use of different blood pressure meds in different countries - which I did wonder whether would help to explain differing death rates.
May 2020
3:34pm, 30 May 2020
480 posts
  •  
Non-runner
I’ll not be changing too much, not from any fear of the virus (and I have no-one vulnerable still alive to pass it on to) but simply because the options are not that attractive. Hate barbecues and sitting in the sun (ginger!), not very sociable at the best of times, and the arrangements for future shopping and pubs/restaurants/cafes sound horrendous. Can you imagine being slowly herded round TK Maxx and not feeling the fabrics? Or not trying a lipstick on the back of your hand? Or being served in a pub by someone in PPE? Sorry but I will wait until it is back to full normality, however long that takes.
May 2020
3:56pm, 30 May 2020
1,152 posts
  •  
Grast_girl
theguardian.com

This is a heartbreaking, but human take on things from a palliative care doctor. For anyone who has lost someone, I hope their doctor was like this.

About This Thread

Maintained by DocM
PLEASE NOTE
There is a separate discussion thread for debating the grander scheme of things here: fetcheveryone.com/forum/coronavirus-discussion-thread-61609

Go there if you want to talk about whether it's real, whether the government are trying to control us, etc, etc.

===

information, discussion and support about the unfolding Covid-19 outbreak
NO politics please
And above all please be kind and respect others points of view and concerns.

microbiologists view byFlatlander
Science of coronavirus
fetcheveryone.com/blog/37839/2020/3#blog403867
coronavirus testing by Flatlander
fetcheveryone.com/blog/37839/2020/4#blog405255

information for ashtma sufferers
asthma.org.uk

information for pregnancy
rcog.org.uk

imperial article
imperial.ac.uk
imperial.ac.uk

Government advice gov.uk

advice for those with RA and autoinmmune diseases
nras.org.uk

diabetes advice
diabetes.org.uk

explaination of the maths of the growth of the epidemic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kas0tIxDvrg&fbclid=IwAR3exg0rG_Bz3gPqjXY3rcFajqVSk-cOK5lQGVkYcuzoMOdNEp7VTgH-Kac&app=desktop

tips to help you cope
drive.google.com

Advice to stay at home
assets.publishing.service.gov.uk

planning for and what to do if you are ill
covid-at-home.info
support for self isolates
nhsvolunteerresponders.org.uk

Ft coronavirus tracker
ft.com

A good article about dealing with the feelings of grief that the current situation has given us hbr.org

advice on self isolation for indivuals with symptoms or and their household
gov.uk

seven day rolling averages
ourworldindata.org

A sustainable exit strategy document
institute.global

susceptibility to covid by flatlander
fetcheveryone.com/blog/37839/2020/5#blog406151

bromage article
erinbromage.com

government guidelines 11th may for England(NI, Scotland and Wales linked at the bottom of article)
gov.uk

breathing practice
physiotherapyforbpd.org.uk

lancet articles
thelancet.com

help with mask anxiety
psychologytoday.com

tracker
travellingtabby.com
theguardian.com
video of droplet dispersal
https://youtu.be/DNeYfUTA11s