Coronavirus **support** thread

160 watchers
May 2020
4:15pm, 30 May 2020
44,511 posts
  •  
alpenrose
I've just returned from the beach for the first time this year. It's like August Bank Holiday down there and I don't go to the most popular spots. I'm sure a lot come from up country somewhere and I hardly heard any English being spoken. No one seems at all bothered about distancing on the prom and big groups everywhere, most behaving as if there's no problem with the country at all.

After seeing large groups of youngsters at local beauty spots over the last couple of weeks and given the footballers who have tested positive I think that all 16 to 25 year-olds should be tested and confined as I'm sure they are the largest group of carriers without realising all the subsequent consequences if they infect others as they will probably not show any symptoms.
May 2020
4:16pm, 30 May 2020
17,560 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
Well now up to 6 people from different households can exercise together as of Monday that’s game over
Best fill the cupboards again
May 2020
4:22pm, 30 May 2020
16,298 posts
  •  
Rosehip
I'd extend that AR, to 14 to 25 or even 27 year-olds.
Groups of 4 "teens/twenties" together in cars turning up to sit in the sun and drink together. No point social distancing when they get out - they've all been in the same car. Getting cross with the amount of litter (beer cans and bottles) and this is just any old village green, but one that happens to have plenty of bins.
May 2020
4:31pm, 30 May 2020
51,559 posts
  •  
plodding hippo
Grast girl. Great link . But now relatives cannot be there at the end
May 2020
4:33pm, 30 May 2020
51,560 posts
  •  
plodding hippo
I'm doing nothing different. Going to work. Exercise once a day. Shop once a week. Stay in my hotel room
May 2020
4:35pm, 30 May 2020
9,742 posts
  •  
Mandymoo
I dont plan on changing many things at all. The only change is my daughter and family will come over into garden but they will have their own toilet to use and will be social distancing - the reason I am happy for this is they have been very strict during lockdown and dont really go anywhere apart from food shopping. My son is a different matter.......
May 2020
4:38pm, 30 May 2020
4,933 posts
  •  
The Scribbler
I also think the additional lift is too soon in England but I’m glad to see restrictions being lifted in Scotland and Wales. I do think the meeting people rules reflect what’s been going on anyway. Our next door neighbours, two lads in their 20s have been mixing with a couple of different households outside.
We went out into the hills for a walk last weekend and were away quite early. As we drove back there was a massive queue of traffic heading near where we had been as there’s a local beauty spot with a waterfall. Sadly the council tweeted pics later of loads of litter.
I won’t change much either except that I can train live with my PT outdoors and I’ve been OW swimming in the sea. I’m still avoiding my beach after about 8am but I generally don’t go there on sunny days anyway.
May 2020
4:40pm, 30 May 2020
51,561 posts
  •  
plodding hippo
Yup. People have been meeting up in parks and gardens long before this week
May 2020
4:45pm, 30 May 2020
1,049 posts
  •  
RunnyBunny
Just got back from Aldi - noticeably less social distancing than last time I went, and I was the only customer in there with a face covering. Overheard one of the other customers commenting on lack of distancing too.
May 2020
5:00pm, 30 May 2020
2,589 posts
  •  
Tim of Fife
It is completely breaking down.

Just seen a couple walk straight into a house through the front door. Definitely not part of the household.

In another garden are family members from a trio of households. No distancing

About This Thread

Maintained by DocM
PLEASE NOTE
There is a separate discussion thread for debating the grander scheme of things here: fetcheveryone.com/forum/coronavirus-discussion-thread-61609

Go there if you want to talk about whether it's real, whether the government are trying to control us, etc, etc.

===

information, discussion and support about the unfolding Covid-19 outbreak
NO politics please
And above all please be kind and respect others points of view and concerns.

microbiologists view byFlatlander
Science of coronavirus
fetcheveryone.com/blog/37839/2020/3#blog403867
coronavirus testing by Flatlander
fetcheveryone.com/blog/37839/2020/4#blog405255

information for ashtma sufferers
asthma.org.uk

information for pregnancy
rcog.org.uk

imperial article
imperial.ac.uk
imperial.ac.uk

Government advice gov.uk

advice for those with RA and autoinmmune diseases
nras.org.uk

diabetes advice
diabetes.org.uk

explaination of the maths of the growth of the epidemic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kas0tIxDvrg&fbclid=IwAR3exg0rG_Bz3gPqjXY3rcFajqVSk-cOK5lQGVkYcuzoMOdNEp7VTgH-Kac&app=desktop

tips to help you cope
drive.google.com

Advice to stay at home
assets.publishing.service.gov.uk

planning for and what to do if you are ill
covid-at-home.info
support for self isolates
nhsvolunteerresponders.org.uk

Ft coronavirus tracker
ft.com

A good article about dealing with the feelings of grief that the current situation has given us hbr.org

advice on self isolation for indivuals with symptoms or and their household
gov.uk

seven day rolling averages
ourworldindata.org

A sustainable exit strategy document
institute.global

susceptibility to covid by flatlander
fetcheveryone.com/blog/37839/2020/5#blog406151

bromage article
erinbromage.com

government guidelines 11th may for England(NI, Scotland and Wales linked at the bottom of article)
gov.uk

breathing practice
physiotherapyforbpd.org.uk

lancet articles
thelancet.com

help with mask anxiety
psychologytoday.com

tracker
travellingtabby.com
theguardian.com
video of droplet dispersal
https://youtu.be/DNeYfUTA11s