•  
LindsD
That's a good point which I hadn't thought about
May 2020
10:11am, 30 May 2020
1,629 posts
  •  
bonners
@annadav, thanks for that, guess it makes sense. I guess travelling a couple of miles makes sense. I realise, despite work having been horrific, I am in the privileged position of being able to work from home and follow the rules fairly easily. I just think people like myself who are able to, should follow the rules as closely as possible to allow a bit more leeway for those who may be struggling mentally or in other ways.
May 2020
10:14am, 30 May 2020
2,606 posts
  •  
Little Miss Happy
Surely there have been people having tests for the last however many days whose tests would have come back positive and who should therefore be in the system to be contacted?
um
May 2020
10:24am, 30 May 2020
2,531 posts
  •  
um
I also assumed they would start with a few days worth of tests - but equally, at 2000 positive tests a day, 1 or 2 days worth won't consume 25,000 track & tracers.

I'm anticipating we get another set of stats for the (English, at least) daily briefings?
eg : 27 people followed up, 32 contacts called, 35 streams of abuse, 2 isolating etc etc ...
May 2020
10:56am, 30 May 2020
10,271 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
A lightened post from me today. We have driven down to the boat car full of cleaning products and we are getting her ready for the day we are allowed to come and stay over. Good job task one fill the water tanks. Husband vented the hot water tank and we now have a leak. He’s not happy now he’s be unbearable if we were out for our first weekend.

So far we saw a lady on a boat along from ours we’ve seen others across the marina but I don’t expect to talk to anyone let alone be in close proximity. The drive down we saw very few people out and about and we didn’t stop and won’t on way back.

Let the cleaning (& water leak fixing) commence. My only concern is moving something and finding a spider a few webs have been seen and a few dead bodies removed so hoping there won’t be many live ones left.
May 2020
11:07am, 30 May 2020
6,467 posts
  •  
sallykate
TBH I’m expecting us to see hospital admissions increase in a couple of weeks as a result of all this. R is nowhere near low enough yet to justify what’s being done.
May 2020
11:18am, 30 May 2020
16,290 posts
  •  
Rosehip
I think they are in places already SK
jda
May 2020
11:26am, 30 May 2020
7,502 posts
  •  
jda
It's not clear in the data (that I have seen) but I also expect that things are already on the way up. We are driving along looking out the rear window.
May 2020
11:27am, 30 May 2020
64,241 posts
  •  
swittle
Two SAGE members have cautioned against current steps: how many more of their colleagues are similarly minded?
May 2020
11:29am, 30 May 2020
17,877 posts
  •  
Serendippily
That was the experience of contact tracing in that study. Most people were out or didn’t answer or missed chunks of contacts they’d forgotten about. Which is not to say it’s pointless it’s just limited. Same with any app

About This Thread

Maintained by DocM
PLEASE NOTE
There is a separate discussion thread for debating the grander scheme of things here: fetcheveryone.com/forum/coronavirus-discussion-thread-61609

Go there if you want to talk about whether it's real, whether the government are trying to control us, etc, etc.

===

information, discussion and support about the unfolding Covid-19 outbreak
NO politics please
And above all please be kind and respect others points of view and concerns.

microbiologists view byFlatlander
Science of coronavirus
fetcheveryone.com/blog/37839/2020/3#blog403867
coronavirus testing by Flatlander
fetcheveryone.com/blog/37839/2020/4#blog405255

information for ashtma sufferers
asthma.org.uk

information for pregnancy
rcog.org.uk

imperial article
imperial.ac.uk
imperial.ac.uk

Government advice gov.uk

advice for those with RA and autoinmmune diseases
nras.org.uk

diabetes advice
diabetes.org.uk

explaination of the maths of the growth of the epidemic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kas0tIxDvrg&fbclid=IwAR3exg0rG_Bz3gPqjXY3rcFajqVSk-cOK5lQGVkYcuzoMOdNEp7VTgH-Kac&app=desktop

tips to help you cope
drive.google.com

Advice to stay at home
assets.publishing.service.gov.uk

planning for and what to do if you are ill
covid-at-home.info
support for self isolates
nhsvolunteerresponders.org.uk

Ft coronavirus tracker
ft.com

A good article about dealing with the feelings of grief that the current situation has given us hbr.org

advice on self isolation for indivuals with symptoms or and their household
gov.uk

seven day rolling averages
ourworldindata.org

A sustainable exit strategy document
institute.global

susceptibility to covid by flatlander
fetcheveryone.com/blog/37839/2020/5#blog406151

bromage article
erinbromage.com

government guidelines 11th may for England(NI, Scotland and Wales linked at the bottom of article)
gov.uk

breathing practice
physiotherapyforbpd.org.uk

lancet articles
thelancet.com

help with mask anxiety
psychologytoday.com

tracker
travellingtabby.com
theguardian.com
video of droplet dispersal
https://youtu.be/DNeYfUTA11s