Coronavirus **support** thread

2 lurkers | 160 watchers
May 2020
8:53pm, 29 May 2020
3,557 posts
  •  
K5 Gus
jda - the SAGE guidelines on large vs small events. Perhaps they were thinking more of spectating events, where you are seated close to others for an extended time period, say theatre, cinema, etc Then whether you are in a huge theatre with 1000s or a small local hall with 50 or so then the main risk is those you are close to for the extended period of time.

My fault for confusing and immediately trying to apply it to participating in races
May 2020
8:55pm, 29 May 2020
51,555 posts
  •  
plodding hippo
They could just say. You cant travel between England and Wales. Which would totally fuck me as my husband is in england and I'm in Wales working away from home .
But it would be clearer
( not seen him in 9 weeks)
May 2020
8:58pm, 29 May 2020
51,556 posts
  •  
plodding hippo
I normally drive home for the weekend
May 2020
9:11pm, 29 May 2020
416 posts
  •  
Weath
I was in a professional webinar yesterday with Dr Sara Hayes, Professional Advisor to CMO Wales. She strongly suggested at the end of her presentation that they are expecting a second spike to start developing towards the end of June. They are also preparing for a further occurrence through winter.
May 2020
9:17pm, 29 May 2020
51,557 posts
  •  
plodding hippo
Allowed to run or cycle as long as i want tho.

Cant ride a bike. 110 miles from home home.

Been 3 years since I ran 100 miles but...hmm
May 2020
9:22pm, 29 May 2020
3,836 posts
  •  
Yumee
Interesting for me, too - I live near the English border. In Scotland, I am not supposed to travel more than 5 miles from home for exercise, but if I travel 4 miles from home in that direction I am in England, and could in theory then continue to travel as far as I liked to exercise...
May 2020
11:08pm, 29 May 2020
615 posts
  •  
Jenelopy
ph: it must be so tough not having seen your husband for such a long time.

I want to say something supportive or helpful, but everything I think of typing just sounds trite. I really am thinking of you, and others in similar situations. I hope you are surviving.
May 2020
11:18pm, 29 May 2020
4,436 posts
  •  
jennyh
PH - it sucks that you haven’t been able to see your husband for so long, and that you’re having to deal with such difficult circumstances in work. Like Jenelopy, wish there was something useful or helpful I could say or do.

Having read the BBC’s summary of the rules in the different nations earlier, Mr Jenny and I (and many of our friends) thought you could travel within 5 miles to exercise. Here’s the BBC info:

However, one of the girls pointed out that the Welsh Government site says otherwise, and looking at their website it does say exercise still has to start from home

Thing is - how many people are going to read the advice on the Welsh Government website? So I do worry that the advice isn’t clear/isn’t being communicated clearly.
May 2020
11:32pm, 29 May 2020
16,281 posts
  •  
Rosehip
That's all Welsh info, isn't it jenny?

I wish they'd either all say the same thing or not show the guidance of each nation anywhere other than the home station. Hearing just a bit of a news program gets very very confusing
May 2020
11:42pm, 29 May 2020
4,437 posts
  •  
jennyh
Sorry Rosehip, forgot to say that the BBC info was referring to Wales - I was just a bit concerned that the info regarding Wales published by the BBC (and I believe also on the Wales Online news website) contradicts what the Welsh Government are actually saying.

I agree it does have the potential to be very confusing - I know some people only look at the national news rather than the local news, but when the (UK) public service broadcasting company can’t get it right, what chance does your average person have?

About This Thread

Maintained by DocM
PLEASE NOTE
There is a separate discussion thread for debating the grander scheme of things here: fetcheveryone.com/forum/coronavirus-discussion-thread-61609

Go there if you want to talk about whether it's real, whether the government are trying to control us, etc, etc.

===

information, discussion and support about the unfolding Covid-19 outbreak
NO politics please
And above all please be kind and respect others points of view and concerns.

microbiologists view byFlatlander
Science of coronavirus
fetcheveryone.com/blog/37839/2020/3#blog403867
coronavirus testing by Flatlander
fetcheveryone.com/blog/37839/2020/4#blog405255

information for ashtma sufferers
asthma.org.uk

information for pregnancy
rcog.org.uk

imperial article
imperial.ac.uk
imperial.ac.uk

Government advice gov.uk

advice for those with RA and autoinmmune diseases
nras.org.uk

diabetes advice
diabetes.org.uk

explaination of the maths of the growth of the epidemic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kas0tIxDvrg&fbclid=IwAR3exg0rG_Bz3gPqjXY3rcFajqVSk-cOK5lQGVkYcuzoMOdNEp7VTgH-Kac&app=desktop

tips to help you cope
drive.google.com

Advice to stay at home
assets.publishing.service.gov.uk

planning for and what to do if you are ill
covid-at-home.info
support for self isolates
nhsvolunteerresponders.org.uk

Ft coronavirus tracker
ft.com

A good article about dealing with the feelings of grief that the current situation has given us hbr.org

advice on self isolation for indivuals with symptoms or and their household
gov.uk

seven day rolling averages
ourworldindata.org

A sustainable exit strategy document
institute.global

susceptibility to covid by flatlander
fetcheveryone.com/blog/37839/2020/5#blog406151

bromage article
erinbromage.com

government guidelines 11th may for England(NI, Scotland and Wales linked at the bottom of article)
gov.uk

breathing practice
physiotherapyforbpd.org.uk

lancet articles
thelancet.com

help with mask anxiety
psychologytoday.com

tracker
travellingtabby.com
theguardian.com
video of droplet dispersal
https://youtu.be/DNeYfUTA11s