Transgender Athletes

1 lurker | 97 watchers
Aug 2019
11:06pm, 14 Aug 2019
786 posts
  •  
Trin
Jovi, i know you have made some valid points, but can I just say that every time you have commented it comes across as quite confrontational
Aug 2019
11:19pm, 14 Aug 2019
6,477 posts
  •  
Jovi Runner
Trin- I have the same view of others reply to me - surely just a matter of perspective of whether you agree or disagree with whether you think men should be allowed in female spaces.

Sex (not gender ientity) is enshrined in law and as such allows for separate segregated facilities for women. If that comes across as confrontational then I'm only stat8ng the law as it currently stands.
Aug 2019
11:21pm, 14 Aug 2019
6,478 posts
  •  
Jovi Runner
Raemond - again - is there any need to post personal insults to a genuinely expressed concern for women's safety.
Aug 2019
11:29pm, 14 Aug 2019
3,052 posts
  •  
Raemond
I don't see either of those things in the previous exchange.
Aug 2019
11:31pm, 14 Aug 2019
787 posts
  •  
Trin
Ok, but it's totally off the topic of this thread, just saying.
Aug 2019
11:34pm, 14 Aug 2019
788 posts
  •  
Trin
My post was to Jovi btw, not you Raemond
Aug 2019
11:34pm, 14 Aug 2019
6,479 posts
  •  
Jovi Runner
If you think I'm just courting controversy perhaps having a listen to a scientist might better sum up my views & what has been accepted as the differences between men & women though our human history. I have repeatedly been asked to provide examples so please see below.

https://youtu.be/pzg9QtQelR8
Aug 2019
11:35pm, 14 Aug 2019
6,480 posts
  •  
Jovi Runner
Sex as a protected characteristic is surely exactly what this thread is about ref the future of women's sport.
Aug 2019
12:36am, 15 Aug 2019
1,236 posts
  •  
bonners
I dont know who you are Raemond, but in my book I call a spade a spade. And you are a troll. You are trying to be all high and mighty and look how wonderful everything is, yet are deliberately trying to get a rise out of Jovi. Having read this through, and been the subject of bullies online and elsewhere, I can spot a troll and a bully a mile off. I know this is supposed to be fetch and we're all supposed to be nice to each other. But in your subtle manipulative way you have been nasty on several occasions to Jovi. Maybe I'm the only one brave enough to speak up, but people like yourself are the worst kind of troll, because you hide it behind cleverness and subtlety. But just because she is espousing a different view there is no need for the vindictiveness you are showing in trying to get a rise.
Aug 2019
5:46am, 15 Aug 2019
6,869 posts
  •  
Jambomo
Bonners I really think you are mistaken here. I honestly don’t think that Raemond is a troll, nor has said anything that could be deemed troll-worthy. I really struggle to see anything written that is as you have described.

I honestly don’t think anyone has an issue with Jovi posting an opposite opinion but just that the manner of posting is aggressive and disrespectful. It’s not really suitable to having a debate around the subject.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
This thread is prompted by a discussion on the parkrun thread, after the ladies record at a parkrun ...