parkrun Café

124 watchers
20 Sep
4:12pm, 20 Sep 2024
2,872 posts
  •  
Jen HB
I did my 50 and v25 the same day (as a pacer) . Currently on 196 runs and v74 (a few are sign language support - I only know some parkrun specific phrases though!)
20 Sep
4:19pm, 20 Sep 2024
7,646 posts
  •  
Metro_Nome
I missed quite a few in the early days as I worked offshore in the summer, and I would rest the day before a race. There was definitely one or two where I couldn’t be bothered. In latter years I’ve only missed due to weather cancellation or being abroad (boo to no French parkruns), until last week when I was too injured to even walk, but I did volunteer
20 Sep
4:21pm, 20 Sep 2024
17,559 posts
  •  
chunkywizard
Gobi, quite a lot of the data is in the '5K parkrunner results' app, but not everything (hence my original post).

In order to get all the stats you need to put all your results in excel and do some maths. I guess this is a step too far for most (but not for me apparently!)
20 Sep
4:27pm, 20 Sep 2024
7,647 posts
  •  
Metro_Nome
chunkywizard wrote:Gobi, quite a lot of the data is in the '5K parkrunner results' app, but not everything (hence my original post). In order to get all the stats you need to put all your results in excel and do some maths. I guess this is a step too far for most (but not for me apparently!)

Yeah I’m interested but not enough to put the effort in 😂
Jef
20 Sep
4:34pm, 20 Sep 2024
15,343 posts
  •  
Jef
I’ve just got over 500 vols in .. but means I’ve only just got my 250 runs from a 2011 beginning.

Hoping to make a silver obsessive for the first time ever this year.
20 Sep
4:43pm, 20 Sep 2024
17,561 posts
  •  
chunkywizard
Good work Jef, v500 is one of my goals. The other good thing you can do with the excel approach is work out when the first possible date you can get to a milestone. My next volunteer milestone is earliest 25/3/25 and my next running one is 6/12/25. Not sure I'll get to v500 that quick and I can't do juniors every week

p.s. the easiest way for you to get to silver obsessive in the 5K app is tick the inc. volunteer option ;-)
Jef
20 Sep
6:58pm, 20 Sep 2024
15,347 posts
  •  
Jef
I know CW. But if the volunteering is added it completes almost every challenge there is!

Runs only in the 5k app , that’ll keep me at it for another 20 years 😁
21 Sep
6:54am, 21 Sep 2024
6,304 posts
  •  
Dillthedog
I’m headed for the curly wurly parkrun in Bristol today. Last of the relatively close local ones to do. All my nendys are close according to the app, but actually on the other side of the Bristol Channel which is a bit annoying
21 Sep
8:42am, 21 Sep 2024
6,394 posts
  •  
Ally-C
Crinan is nice. Awaiting Parkrun.

21 Sep
10:04am, 21 Sep 2024
49,905 posts
  •  
DocM
loving the top level nerdery. I feel remarkably normal in comparison

About This Thread

Maintained by Groundhog
Fancy a light-hearted chat about your parkrun stories? First run, favourite parkrun, most beautiful parkrun, hardest course, craziest marshal, parkrun tourist on tour (i.e. how to get to Poland), parkrun family photos? Post them here.

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.