parkrun Café

124 watchers
22 Sep
7:39pm, 22 Sep 2024
35,189 posts
  •  
LorraineS
Want to make a meaningful difference and celebrate your love for parkrun?

By setting up a monthly donation, you can secure your spot on our parkrun dedication wall! We’ve simplified our donation process to make giving easier, so your contributions can have an even bigger impact in supporting parkrun’s mission to create a healthier, happier world 🧡

Join Arabella, Richard, and Heather by starting your monthly donation below and become part of something special!

The dedication wall provides a place to share the love - recognising your generous contribution and a chance for you to go down in parkrun history!

You can upload a photo, add your home parkrun and share a message explaining what parkrun means to you.

Check out our video below for a walkthrough of how to get your proudest parkrun moments on the wall! 🫶

Can you support us? 🧡

For 20 years, parkrun has changed lives and brought communities together. You’ve seen the impact at your local parkrun and through the incredible stories we share each week. But none of this would be possible without the incredible generosity of people like you.

To ensure we can continue offering parkrun free for everyone, we need your support.

By setting up a monthly donation to parkrun you’ll be helping us reach more people, from all walks of life, and give them the chance to experience the transformative power of parkrun.

Make a monthly donation here
22 Sep
7:42pm, 22 Sep 2024
17,565 posts
  •  
chunkywizard
I haven’t see it. What does it say?
22 Sep
7:42pm, 22 Sep 2024
17,566 posts
  •  
chunkywizard
X-post
22 Sep
7:47pm, 22 Sep 2024
35,190 posts
  •  
LorraineS
For an event that relies so heavily on volunteers, I feel a bit uncomfortable with this blatant asking for money
22 Sep
8:50pm, 22 Sep 2024
2,408 posts
  •  
One Thousand Odd Spiders
YEP!
22 Sep
8:58pm, 22 Sep 2024
71,048 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
Nah. Not inspired.
9:50am
9:50am, 24 Sep 2024
6,418 posts
  •  
Ally-C
Volunteering at University of Stirling this week and Livingston before the x country the week after.

That’ll get me 25 volunteers.
10:18am
10:18am, 24 Sep 2024
22,985 posts
  •  
DeeGee
LorraineS wrote:For an event that relies so heavily on volunteers, I feel a bit uncomfortable with this blatant asking for money

And of course, the donations via that route go to the central 'pot', not the events themselves.

And the central pot isn't used to help new events which are struggling to meet their £5k start-up fundraising target, which - apart from covering some signage, some tokens, and some fabric items already part-funded by sponsors - also goes into the central pot; because we don't get given a computer or timing equipment any more.
11:03am
11:03am, 24 Sep 2024
17,568 posts
  •  
chunkywizard
I thought they were looking to do away with pots per event. In fact I think I put myself forward to be involved with that discussion (but haven't heard anything). Anyone have more info?
11:30am
11:30am, 24 Sep 2024
22,986 posts
  •  
DeeGee
I've heard nothing yet. I've also offered my take on it.

About This Thread

Maintained by Groundhog
Fancy a light-hearted chat about your parkrun stories? First run, favourite parkrun, most beautiful parkrun, hardest course, craziest marshal, parkrun tourist on tour (i.e. how to get to Poland), parkrun family photos? Post them here.

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.