The virtual mile thread

2 lurkers | 51 watchers
25 Jul
9:02am, 25 Jul 2024
10,978 posts
  •  
DoricQuine
I haven't been able to run since middle of May but fighting back yet again! Managed to walk/run at least half of parkrun on Saturday to give me a mile time for this month. 😊
25 Jul
9:13am, 25 Jul 2024
12,266 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
It's great I've woken up the thread having been rather remiss so far this month. 6 times have been entered so far and 16 have the race in their race portfolio (including me) on the race page.
We all have various excuses or reasons to do or not do the virtual mile so good luck with your aims or injuries, run well or return strong but if you manage a mile don't forget to let us know how you got on.
25 Jul
9:21am, 25 Jul 2024
70,072 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
Planning to have a go before the end of this month, although I've left it a bit tight with a race on Saturday too.
25 Jul
9:51am, 25 Jul 2024
1,142 posts
  •  
FunkyPOM
I need to improve my mile for utmost so will get to a track in August and give it a crack
25 Jul
10:08am, 25 Jul 2024
70,076 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
My UTMOST mile benchmark looks poor, but I'm unlikely to improve on it, and certainly not on a standalone flat mile time trial.
25 Jul
1:15pm, 25 Jul 2024
12,268 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
Well that was flipping hard work, 7.00 minutes for my attempt this morning. I used my usual route and know there's always a wind that will affect me somewhere and I wasn't disappointed today 😂 a side head wind for half a mile, a head side wind for 0.3 mile and wind assisted back side wind for the last bit.
25 Jul
1:27pm, 25 Jul 2024
9,023 posts
  •  
westmoors
Well done FF.
25 Jul
1:27pm, 25 Jul 2024
70,080 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
Good work, FF medal
25 Jul
2:50pm, 25 Jul 2024
3,849 posts
  •  
Bowman 🇸🇪
Yes you woke me up too FF, and I did one today because of that.
Felt pretty nice, so didn’t do it properly :)
But I won’t wait a year to the next time, I hope :)
25 Jul
3:13pm, 25 Jul 2024
3,600 posts
  •  
riggys99
Probably won’t get a stand alone mile in this month with marathon training but hopefully a 10k on Sunday may produce a quick mile

Good work FF

About This Thread

Maintained by Fenland Flier
For encouragement and general chat about the virtual mile challenges.

It's not easy pacing a mile race whether it's virtual or real, be it on track, road, grass or trail. Go out too hard initially and struggle towards the end, go out too soft and regret your finish time.

Use this thread to record your jubilation or allow us to commiserate with you.

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.