NEW - 2024 Adriene's 30 Day Yoga Journey

54 watchers
Jan 2023
5:37pm, 3 Jan 2023
21,096 posts
  •  
Sharkie
Stepping through into a lunge I'm pretty sure relies as much on strength as flexibility. Occasionally people are unwilling to believe that stride length is mainly down to strength. I didn't believe it at first, but it's true. And this is similar.

There are a million and one things I can't do but I can usually step straight into the lunge. So age is obvs no barrier!
Jan 2023
6:40pm, 3 Jan 2023
871 posts
  •  
SooWoo
Day 1&2 done back to back, first time trying one of her 30day programmes😀
Jan 2023
7:00pm, 3 Jan 2023
2,899 posts
  •  
PenW
Day 2 done and I enjoyed it.

I find it useful to think about the nervous system as well as strength and flexibility. Finding ways to ease in and calm everything down and helping body and mind (and breath) to work together. I do find it difficult at times to get the breathing right.
Jan 2023
8:05pm, 3 Jan 2023
10,534 posts
  •  
MabelMoonface
Day 1 done. I think this will be really good for me. Partly because I'm hoping to notice changes in strength and flexibility, but also because I tend to rush at things. I'm not very good at being mindful and *gentle*, so the slow movement between poses and the holding of them I am going to find hard, but hopefully beneficial.
Jan 2023
9:13pm, 3 Jan 2023
23,210 posts
  •  
Meglet
Day 2 done. Quite enjoyed that one. Also doing a 30 day 'mobility reset' which has videos each day, todays was a hip opening/stretching one that was pretty good.
Jan 2023
9:21pm, 3 Jan 2023
19,582 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Day 3 of krikanda done it was amazing!
Jan 2023
9:26pm, 3 Jan 2023
38,814 posts
  •  
halfpint
Day 2 done. Again it was just what I needed, although my knees are sore from crawling around the back of the stripped out van and I've got multiple small cuts on my hands which made things uncomfortable at times.

For those that were talking about wrist pain I remembered having done a YwA practice previously to help with wrist pain. It talks about hand placement to prevent wrist pain as well iirc.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGEWpPHu69A
Jan 2023
7:36am, 4 Jan 2023
217 posts
  •  
Pam runs
Day 3 done.

Some new moves for me today. I think I did ok but still get really wobbly legs in standing triangle position.
Jan 2023
7:58am, 4 Jan 2023
3,319 posts
  •  
panad
Day 3 done ✅

She was in fall on waffle mode today and I found it hard to pick out when she was actually giving cues in amongst it all, so was relying on watching more than I normally do. I think it may well be a hard one if you are new to yoga - she didn’t seem to explain the moves at all today, rather expected you to know what you were doing. Having said that I did enjoy it - loved the first bit, new to me movement, felt really good. My high lunges were better today, my glutes didn’t appreciate the chair poses after my strength work session yesterday 🤣
As yesterday it went quickly, didn’t feel 25min long.
Jan 2023
8:12am, 4 Jan 2023
23,212 posts
  •  
Meglet
Saving mine to do with my BF tonight. Trying to get him to do more flexibility/strength, last year he just watched me do the yoga!

About This Thread

Maintained by Bintmcskint
Who's in?

Adriene's 2024 30 day "yoga journey" is called Flow
Join us for the very best start to your yoga year :-)

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.