Knitting, crocheting and general craftery

3 lurkers | 169 watchers
Apr 2020
12:14pm, 24 Apr 2020
20,959 posts
  •  
Meglet
You can crochet a ripple too and it grows very quickly. I'm doing one right now. (not right now as it's upstairs otherwise I might have take a photo)
Attic 24 has a good ripple tutorial
Apr 2020
12:17pm, 24 Apr 2020
17,253 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
i feel some testing coming on
learn to crochet a ripple and knit one and see which is more me!
Apr 2020
12:18pm, 24 Apr 2020
12,546 posts
  •  
Garfield
:) I nearly messed up part of a row by forgetting that I was on a knit through row yesterday...then went to the k1, p1 rib, only realising what I'd done a little later, so had to unravel it! Fortunately I hadn't done too much of it, so 25 stitches unravelling or so required.
Apr 2020
12:37pm, 24 Apr 2020
3,247 posts
  •  
Kittenheels Kath
Now I can't remember if the ripple tea cosy was knitted or crochet, and it's at work, so I can't check :-(.

That's the advantage of crochet, Garfield, you only ever lose one stitch when unravelling!
Apr 2020
12:41pm, 24 Apr 2020
12,549 posts
  •  
Garfield
I'm slowly relearning to crochet...I've made a yoga tote bag that I need to sew handles onto to finish it off.
Apr 2020
1:00pm, 24 Apr 2020
4,848 posts
  •  
The Scribbler
I am feeling the itch to make something, although I'm really not very crafty. I need something that's pretty beginners level and gives a pretty quick return on investment.

Looking for inspiration I went to see what craft supplies I have. I found some old cross stitch kits I'd completed but never done anything with. I've been looking online for kits but find most of the designs a bit twee. I'm not really a flowers and cutesy cartoon animals kind of person.

I can knit simple things and have a couple of balls of wool and some needles, last used to create a hat for my baby brother who is now 8 years old!

V'rap's blog has reminded me that I although I would enjoy the making of something, I don't necessarily have the desire to display, wear or or have someone to gift it to. But I'm still looking for ideas.
Apr 2020
1:10pm, 24 Apr 2020
22,897 posts
  •  
Lizzie W
Scribbs, if you have a printer, you could print off a cross stitch pattern you would like to own/give and use the fabric and thread from the kits you have?
Apr 2020
1:11pm, 24 Apr 2020
22,898 posts
  •  
Lizzie W
Sigh, misread your post, sorry :-(
Apr 2020
1:14pm, 24 Apr 2020
22,899 posts
  •  
Lizzie W
I think I most envy the people making wearable clothes that fit, like HBs tops. But I'll stick with thinking about learning to draw & paint, lino print, and crochet with a view to relearning knitting one day.
Apr 2020
2:00pm, 24 Apr 2020
46,192 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
I'm very much a "process knitter" too, Scribbs, hence the UFOs of both sorts, though when I finish garments for myself (and despite what I say, I have quite a few handmade cardigans and jumpers as well as hats, gloves and socks) I wear them.

If I cross-stitched, I'd spend my pattern budget here.

shop.subversivecrossstitch.com

About This Thread

Maintained by Helegant
***NEWSFLASH***

Possible tour of the Strictly costume workshops?

Details here: dsi-london.com

The regular "Behind the Seams" tour starts with champagne, lasts about 2 hours and includes lots of crystals and swishy dresses.

DSI London headquarters

The Courtyard

131 Aurelia Road

Croydon

CR0 3BF

If anyone wants to organise a group booking then hand up now please. Groups are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday at 11am or 2pm.

Otherwise we could make individual bookings at £29 each (2pm Saturday or Tuesday)

A thread for those of us who like making 'stuff'.

Recommended yarn/craft shops: http://www.fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=456

Lists of books/patterns http://www.fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=460

Fabric shops - bricks or on-line. fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=556

Article about sewing machines: fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=557