Garmin Status - what does Garmin say about you today?!

26 watchers
Oct 2023
6:21am, 3 Oct 2023
47,445 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
Not seen productive for a while
It the 100 on BB but I did get that this morning
Hopefully I can get a restful week
I won't sleep Saturday night as racing Sunday!
Oct 2023
8:20am, 3 Oct 2023
30,040 posts
  •  
Rosehip
Unbalanced and have been for a week Wobbling along just in and below normal range.
Says ‘fatigue’ but it’s not from running!

I’ve noticed before that when mileage takes a dive, hrv does too. Be interesting to see if getting on my feet a bit more pulls it up again…
Oct 2023
8:30am, 3 Oct 2023
47,450 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
I'm back to balanced for the first time since the end of July!!
Oct 2023
2:48pm, 4 Oct 2023
30,059 posts
  •  
Rosehip
My hrv is still dropping, has been below normal range for a week now.

However, one little easyrun yesterday and suddenly am ‘productive’

Apparently I had a “long deep sleep” but then it gives me just under 7 hours and fair

Have no spoons to spare on a run today, so not doing the 38 mins base it suggests for today.
Oct 2023
3:11pm, 7 Oct 2023
30,075 posts
  •  
Rosehip
Still unbalanced and below range. Rhr is back down to normal after a few days @45 and I did get some sleep last night.

Garmin said training readiness low, listen to your body.
It also suggested 20 mins@10:20 -threshold.

Hmm, I tried 3x5 mins and reckon threshold is -11-11:20. Maybe if it wasn’t so warm and breezy in might be under 11, but 10:20 is most def not threshold pace.

I don’t get it - I’ve had this watch long enough for it to know me better but most paces it gives are too quick except for the sprints and anaerobic short intervals which are too ‘slow’
Oct 2023
3:25pm, 7 Oct 2023
65,724 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
I get poor pace suggestions too, too fast for sprints and threshold sessions, base about the right pace on a good day but too short, recovery too slow. I've added a bunch of marathon focused workouts and a few races to the calendar and will see what it does around those.
Oct 2023
4:25pm, 7 Oct 2023
30,079 posts
  •  
Rosehip
I’m going to follow the spirit of its plan for me - if not the actual details. Hopefully it and I will eventually meet in the middle if I get a little fitter
Oct 2023
10:11am, 8 Oct 2023
30,085 posts
  •  
Rosehip
And now the silly thing says strained, training readiness is low - take it easy and hrv is about the lowest I’ve seen it.
RHR is back up to 43.

Bit stressed and weary but have much worse and it hasn’t noticed before.

Suggestion is 37 mins base.
Think I’ll feel better for a little jog than not so agree with that. Will ignore bug and rundles and go for a little loop around the fields.
Oct 2023
4:56pm, 8 Oct 2023
65,737 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
I got a rotten HRV this morning. The server must have had a hangover. Or maybe the pint of lager I drank last night had an effect.

And also 333 points for my run today, which may be my highest ever score.
Oct 2023
11:31am, 9 Oct 2023
30,093 posts
  •  
Rosehip
Still strained, HRV still low rhr 40.
Training readiness is now moderate though as it thinks I had a good sleep last night.

Suggestion is 22 mins recovery @15:20 , that’s a fast walk.

About This Thread

Maintained by EvilPixie
According to my Garmin this morning my body battery was at just 41 and I was "strained"
I have been strained for most days in the last 2 weeks
My body battery has also been low

So today it suggested a threshold run of up to an hour!

What's your Garmin say?