Coronavirus **support** thread

3 lurkers | 160 watchers
Jun 2020
3:05pm, 11 Jun 2020
35,158 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
We're same with my Mum Dave. She could have been and could still be coming to ours to stay. But then if she got it from me or my wife I'd feel awful. Well, it would be awful. How I feel isn't worst of it! My missus and I have to go to shops, possibly car repairs, other trips etc. and eventually work. In her own house she can fully isolate. Here, we'd have a risk of passing something on to her. No matter how small, I think it's less risk for her to be at home and manage herself. We'll support her in her own home. I'm lucky it's only 20 mins up road. Well, it's not luck - we moved to be closer to her. Partly prompted by her 2 hospitalisations due to bouts of pneumonia! :-) G
Jun 2020
3:18pm, 11 Jun 2020
2,732 posts
  •  
Little Miss Happy
We did the same in reverse Happy - moved the in laws to us as FiL's dementia worsened. So glad MiL is just a few minutes walk away.
Jun 2020
3:48pm, 11 Jun 2020
17,693 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
BBC is short of news they are doing the "how to wash your hands properly" thing again
Jun 2020
3:59pm, 11 Jun 2020
37,764 posts
  •  
LindsD
Billy was on the news last week. There was an item about plasma donation and he was in the background at the blood centre. Must have also been a slow news day as it was a good three weeks since we were there.
WA
Jun 2020
4:08pm, 11 Jun 2020
7,017 posts
  •  
WA
Putting this here because I don't know where else to put it.
I feel I've coped quite well with lockdown. The easing of lockdown has increased my anxiety level significantly. I feel quite sick at the prospect of seeing people (at whatever distance) for any length of time. Mr WA is on the phone to his mum telling her about the bubble possibilities and I just want to cry. It's irrational and selfish, and I've been going out seeing patients without worrying about it, but increased personal contact I'm finding incredibly stressful. Surely I should be overjoyed that things are changing?
Jun 2020
4:09pm, 11 Jun 2020
17,694 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
LOL

Well they have built the news on the virus for the last 5-6 months so get a bit lost now when the news is less
Jun 2020
4:12pm, 11 Jun 2020
2,936 posts
  •  
Irontubs
WA not at all, I share some of your anxieties
Jun 2020
4:18pm, 11 Jun 2020
37,767 posts
  •  
LindsD
I agree WA. Not at all. Change is always hard, and I also don't feel inclined to change my behaviour much. I don't feel reassured that it's that much safer. I'm sure you are not alone.
Jun 2020
4:20pm, 11 Jun 2020
17,695 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
WA I agree
I know I haven't changed my behaviour as I don't want to catch anything - I'm not even using my bike outside just in case
I desperately want to see mum but daren't (even if allowed) as I really don't want to pass anything on even though I don't think I have put myself at any risk

it's all so worrying and it frightens me when people don't take the virus seriously
Jun 2020
4:33pm, 11 Jun 2020
8,438 posts
  •  
leaguefreak
WA that's a really understandable reaction to change. And to threat. If you usually have a degree of anxiety so you have things you usually do to manage it? (No need to answer). If not there is some specific anxiety/covid info on Every Mind Matters. Its pretty basic so apols if teaching granny to suck eggs.

About This Thread

Maintained by DocM
PLEASE NOTE
There is a separate discussion thread for debating the grander scheme of things here: fetcheveryone.com/forum/coronavirus-discussion-thread-61609

Go there if you want to talk about whether it's real, whether the government are trying to control us, etc, etc.

===

information, discussion and support about the unfolding Covid-19 outbreak
NO politics please
And above all please be kind and respect others points of view and concerns.

microbiologists view byFlatlander
Science of coronavirus
fetcheveryone.com/blog/37839/2020/3#blog403867
coronavirus testing by Flatlander
fetcheveryone.com/blog/37839/2020/4#blog405255

information for ashtma sufferers
asthma.org.uk

information for pregnancy
rcog.org.uk

imperial article
imperial.ac.uk
imperial.ac.uk

Government advice gov.uk

advice for those with RA and autoinmmune diseases
nras.org.uk

diabetes advice
diabetes.org.uk

explaination of the maths of the growth of the epidemic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kas0tIxDvrg&fbclid=IwAR3exg0rG_Bz3gPqjXY3rcFajqVSk-cOK5lQGVkYcuzoMOdNEp7VTgH-Kac&app=desktop

tips to help you cope
drive.google.com

Advice to stay at home
assets.publishing.service.gov.uk

planning for and what to do if you are ill
covid-at-home.info
support for self isolates
nhsvolunteerresponders.org.uk

Ft coronavirus tracker
ft.com

A good article about dealing with the feelings of grief that the current situation has given us hbr.org

advice on self isolation for indivuals with symptoms or and their household
gov.uk

seven day rolling averages
ourworldindata.org

A sustainable exit strategy document
institute.global

susceptibility to covid by flatlander
fetcheveryone.com/blog/37839/2020/5#blog406151

bromage article
erinbromage.com

government guidelines 11th may for England(NI, Scotland and Wales linked at the bottom of article)
gov.uk

breathing practice
physiotherapyforbpd.org.uk

lancet articles
thelancet.com

help with mask anxiety
psychologytoday.com

tracker
travellingtabby.com
theguardian.com
video of droplet dispersal
https://youtu.be/DNeYfUTA11s