Coronavirus discussion thread

2 lurkers | 136 watchers
Aug 2021
9:54am, 9 Aug 2021
4,205 posts
  •  
StuH
Oh no, hope they do survive. Not done one of their events but have been meaning to for some time, heard great things about them.
WA
Aug 2021
9:57am, 9 Aug 2021
8,952 posts
  •  
WA
That is sad. Did Giant's Head a few years ago and it was brilliant, as was the barn dance that followed! Hope they survive
Aug 2021
10:12am, 9 Aug 2021
32,164 posts
  •  
Mrs Jigs (Luverlylegs)
I hope they survive too, I was planning on doing one of their events next year, I have only heard good things about them, off to see if there is something to purchase, the kit looks fun!
Aug 2021
10:24am, 9 Aug 2021
5,290 posts
  •  
westmoors
I hope they survive too. Their events are the best and the finishers medals are crazy! Andy is also a top bloke. Was planning on entering the Dark Dash Series.
Aug 2021
10:26am, 9 Aug 2021
27,059 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
having seen this post I am going to look at buying some kit and doing a virtual race if it helps them
Aug 2021
10:47am, 9 Aug 2021
14,084 posts
  •  
Badger
That would be bad. I'm with EP on this. I have a couple of workmates who were looking for long virtual races and they might be up for that too.
Aug 2021
11:00am, 9 Aug 2021
39,437 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Very reasonable debate and outcome FR and fuzzy, and well moderated by Fetch. We're very lucky to have such a well informed, but above all considerate, community on this site. Keep up the great work everyone.

There have been some great, unintended, consequences of the pandemic restrictions on local dining - there was some great outdoor seating with cover from the elements (very much needed in Scotland) at a pub where we met some friends on Saturday. I hope it continues to be available (I think it will as there must have been some fairly substantial investment).

Enjoy the relaxing restrictions everyone, and stay safe too. :-) G
Aug 2021
11:48am, 9 Aug 2021
14,085 posts
  •  
Badger
^seconded. Very civil & respectful disagreement and neither of you should be considering muting yourselves in future.
Aug 2021
12:15pm, 9 Aug 2021
26,410 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
I've just commented on the White Star post on FB to offer them a free email to my email list. It might get lost in the comments, or it might come across as spam - so if anyone is in contact with them, and can vouch for me, do let them know. I tried looking for a 'Contact Us' form on their site, but couldn't find one.
um
Aug 2021
12:59pm, 9 Aug 2021
5,018 posts
  •  
um
Fetch - whitestarrunning.co.uk

About This Thread

Maintained by sallykate
Discussion of coronavirus: share useful information, air your frustrations but play nicely!

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.