Coronavirus discussion thread

1 lurker | 136 watchers
Aug 2021
5:16pm, 9 Aug 2021
28,195 posts
  •  
HellsBells
Under the current protocol, the band 4 vaccinators cannot vaccinate under 18’s unless they are CEV. The st Johns volunteers cannot vaccinate anyone under 18, nor can they be used for post vaccination observation.
At the moment 16 and 17 year olds who are not CEV have to be vaccinated by a band 5 RHCP (that’s me). To do this we have to roster an additional band 5 for each pod - when some days we don’t have enough for one per pod as it is.
The new national protocol is expected to be released on Aug 23rd which will allow us to revert to our current model of one band 5 overseeing several band 4’s doing the vaccinating.
It’s not that we don’t want to - it’s logistics
Aug 2021
5:32pm, 9 Aug 2021
4,815 posts
  •  
Little Miss Happy
Whereas we only have Band 5 and above vaccinating HB.
Aug 2021
5:42pm, 9 Aug 2021
42,708 posts
  •  
DocM
thanks HB, will you be having walk ins? might need a day out in Cambridge
Aug 2021
6:39pm, 9 Aug 2021
28,196 posts
  •  
HellsBells
Walk ins only for 16 and 17 as they can’t book on the system currently. 9-3 at Grafton, Cherry Hinton and Chesterton from Wednesday
Aug 2021
6:57pm, 9 Aug 2021
42,710 posts
  •  
DocM
👍
Aug 2021
1:03pm, 11 Aug 2021
3,514 posts
  •  
Tim of Fife
On a half-empty Scotrail train yesterday. Guard reminded everyone that face coverings are mandatory on trains and that alcohol is banned.

The irony of thus announcement amused some passengers, given that Scots can go dancing and drinking maskless in nightclubs.
Aug 2021
1:08pm, 11 Aug 2021
39,463 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
I don't see it as ironic Tim. If being maskless in a nightclub with lots of mask less patrons increases your risk of catching covid, then that is your choice to go in or not. But if you have to take a train or bus somewhere, for work or other essential reason, you don't have a choice. Therefore all users of that service to be required to take reasonable steps to mininize risk. Not ironic, or humorous at all. Plain sense. G
Aug 2021
1:49pm, 11 Aug 2021
3,515 posts
  •  
Tim of Fife
I don't suppose many people my mid-day train were travelling for "essential" reasons lol. Mainly shopping in Edinburgh.
Aug 2021
2:09pm, 11 Aug 2021
116 posts
  •  
Rascal
I don't own a car. Traveling by train and bus are essential for me. I'm too old for nightclubs unfortunately. Plus I save my knees for running not dancing. Can't manage both.
Aug 2021
3:27pm, 11 Aug 2021
1,018 posts
  •  
Big_G
Tim, back last year some time, my girlfriend and I went to the cinema and we were the only ones at the screening. How they were making enough money to stay open I’ve no idea (it was a Vue, and they had quite a lot of staff working), and we were initially asked to wear masks in an otherwise empty room....

About This Thread

Maintained by sallykate
Discussion of coronavirus: share useful information, air your frustrations but play nicely!

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.