1000 miles in 2024

4 lurkers | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 726.0
11 Aug
10:59am, 11 Aug 2024
33 posts
  •  
EdGreig
Hasan was incredible! Managed a long run today in the heat to meet my weekly target. Currently in Malta and trying to stay in the shade as much as possible, even after a 6.30 start…
11 Aug
11:00am, 11 Aug 2024
34 posts
  •  
EdGreig
On Gozo I found the spiritual home of the Rundle game, which may be of interest to @fetcheveryone! There was also a Rundle restaurant…

11 Aug
11:51am, 11 Aug 2024
15,680 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Well done Steve for yesterday's 4.3 miles and today's 2 miles.

GG, that sounds nice, a walk along the coast, followed by fish an chips 🍟

Thanks for your comments re yesterday's parkrun. What helped was that one of the runners who is in the 70 - 74 age category has "adopted me" as his pacemaker! This makes me work hard trying to get away from him. He overtakes me on the final downhill, but I overtake him running back up the hill to the finish.

Ed Greg, well done for your long run in the heat.

I agree with everyone that Hasan was/is incredible, and her sprint to the finish was unbelievable!

I ran a sensible solo 5 miles this morning in Dibden Inclosure, keeping to the shade as much as possible. It included the 1k and 800 metre loops. I resisted the temptation to up my pace for them
11 Aug
12:12pm, 11 Aug 2024
30,965 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
Nice find @EdGreig :-)
11 Aug
2:29pm, 11 Aug 2024
7,075 posts
  •  
steve45
I've just watched footage of the last finisher in the Women's Marathon. An inspiration in herself, from Bhutan and finished to a huge reception from the crowd in 3 .58. You can find the footage on BBC Sport page under "spirit of the Olympics" . Both she and Hassan made my day!
11 Aug
3:19pm, 11 Aug 2024
35 posts
  •  
EdGreig
That’s so cool @steve45 I will look that up!
11 Aug
6:20pm, 11 Aug 2024
23,741 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Hassan was truly incredible she was obviously up there but I felt she looked to be struggling but wow rockets on her feet at the end. Amazing.

I wish I could ran a marathon in twice her time! I went for a run today to do my section of the King Charles III Coastal Path challenge from Albion running.

I only had a small window max 6hr due to time arriving at drop off and time I needed picking up. My section was just over 26m and I thought 6hr has to be possible… it’s along the coast. OH My Word I hadn’t figured in that a) the costal path hugs the cliffs and most people use the paths that have been put in to cut out the waving around. And b) cliffs sometimes need navigating down and back up! For my life. I was almost out of water with the nearest town 5m away unless I diverted (which I did adding another mile) so I made a decision to call it a day at 16m and I’ll do the last 10+ in a couple of weeks.

I’m gutted I’d have liked to have done it in 1 but my crazy life hasn’t given me a full Friday to get out and do it. And as long as I complete my challenge to be part of this record attempt I’m happy and one day I will do it all it was so beautiful. A couple of pics.

11 Aug
10:26pm, 11 Aug 2024
19 posts
  •  
Donnie1
Thursday managed 7.0 on a warm evening. I occasional bemoan that my runs are all suburban and predictable. Slight change tonight, 5.1 on a gym treadmill in Berlin.

Ytd: 581.3
12 Aug
7:35am, 12 Aug 2024
7,076 posts
  •  
steve45
Good effort all round gg! Nice pics too. You really have so many "life diversions" you must get mentally worn to a frazzle 😮. Trying to jam your runs in sounds more than a challenge than the run itself. Take care of yourself.
Well done on your two runs Donnie 1. Treadmill doesn't sound so appealing!
Warmest morning of the year here at 6am. 3.2 miles along some roads and some river trail felt ok because there was a nice breeze.
12 Aug
7:37am, 12 Aug 2024
7,077 posts
  •  
steve45
I missed your "sensible run" of 5 miles hs! Sensible too keep in the shade wherever possible. Well done.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000