1000 miles in 2024

6 lurkers | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 726.0
10 Aug
4:13am, 10 Aug 2024
39 posts
  •  
JackFW
Happy Birthday @Looby Loo and @Lesley C. Have a great day.

Nice pics, HS. We visited New Forest on a day trip from London. We did an enjoyable walk and saw the ponies (or are they horses?).

FF, hope the shoulder is feeling better.

GG, congrats on the 5 miler. Travelling is exhausting, so well done for getting the miles under the belt. Hopefully, you feel better for it.

Steve, I have barely seen any of the Olympics but the marathon is on today so I might try to catch it if I can.

MrHSC, congrats on the long run. 900 not far away now. Do you have a big race around the corner? You must be primed!

I had beautiful conditions for this morning’s run, sunny and cool with minimal wind. 22km completed. Rewarded myself with a Banh Mi and a coke.
10 Aug
7:06am, 10 Aug 2024
3,972 posts
  •  
Lesley C
Happy birthday @Looby Loo hope you have a great day 🥳🎉🎂.

I wasn't treated to a good night's sleep by the wee man, never mind thanks for the wishes guys ☺️.
10 Aug
7:26am, 10 Aug 2024
10,514 posts
  •  
PeterFay
Happy birthdays @Lesley C and @Looby Loo
10 Aug
2:22pm, 10 Aug 2024
15,674 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Well done Lesley for Thursdays 16 miles, and happy birthday today. I hope that you were applauded at the parkrun👏

Happy birthday LL, I hope that you have a lovely day.

JackFW, I'm glad that you enjoyed your visit to the New Forest. It would have been mainly ponies that you saw, but there are some horses. Once a year, there is a pony roundup, area by area, which are closed to the public for safety reasons.

Well done for this mornings 22k.

I ran the Bartley Park parkrun this morning in 29.08, which is my quickest for nearly 4 months, WAVA 68.94%, 1stAG and age grade 15th out of 120.
10 Aug
2:48pm, 10 Aug 2024
3,975 posts
  •  
Lesley C
Thanks HS and Peter, I had lots of strangers wishing me happy birthday. I did bring plenty of cake for everyone. Having a lazy afternoon before going out for dinner later.

You are a really good pacer HS, your splits were pretty spot on and a sprint finish too.

Was a warm morning and a bit breezy didn't get as many miles as I would have liked but that's fine. Happy enough with that.
10 Aug
3:19pm, 10 Aug 2024
15,677 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Thanks Lesley. I hope that you enjoy this evenings birthday dinner🥘🍾
10 Aug
5:52pm, 10 Aug 2024
7,073 posts
  •  
steve45
Happy Birthdays Lesley and Looby! Hope you have lovely days and great runs to celebrate .
Good run in the park again hs, well done, there's no stopping you
Good distance Jack and glad you got a decent run in gg.
That's a great distance MrHSc.
4.3 for me early this morning in ideal conditions and just before the heavy drizzle arrived.
Pity that Kipchoge had a DNF in the marathon this morning but his philosophical view of it is valuable.
11 Aug
9:32am, 11 Aug 2024
7,074 posts
  •  
steve45
Just a couple of miles on the road to be back to watch what was an incredible women's marathon!
11 Aug
10:00am, 11 Aug 2024
3,979 posts
  •  
Lesley C
Thanks for the birthday wishes Steve, well done on your run.

What an amazing finish for Hassan! Even the wee man was excited and he had no idea what is going on.
11 Aug
10:13am, 11 Aug 2024
23,738 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Morning all I have had a 2 day break quite unheard of. Friday I just didn’t have time to fit in a run and yesterday we were going out in the camper but a few electrical issues meant we were late going and continued problems meant we came back home but we absolutely loved going to the coast for a walk and fish & chips.

One reason I had the 2 days off is I’m off for my longest run this year I’m not counting my chickens so I’ll report back later.

Huge well done on your fastest parkrun for 4m hs and well done on your runs guys sorry for lack of personalisation I’m struggling to keep up on life at the moment.

Glad you had a lovely birthday and lots of cake Lesley.

We went to the new forest once when my brother in law lived in Portsmouth the ponies were adorable.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000