1000 miles in 2024

59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 726.0
13 Aug
11:34am, 13 Aug 2024
12,373 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
Saw the physio yesterday and I'm back running and cycle commuting again as long as it doesn't upset my shoulder. I've different exercises to do and return in 3 weeks.
Just a short 9 miles this morning in the heat but before it gets too hot.
13 Aug
1:08pm, 13 Aug 2024
4,302 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
Good news FF. I was on the cut off line yesterday and expect to drop below this week as away in a very hot caravan with 3 young grandchildren who are full on. I might try to get out tonight but it’s unlikely.
13 Aug
1:58pm, 13 Aug 2024
15,695 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Donnie 1, well done for your 4.1 miles on the treadmill.

Steve, thanks, we had to walk on several occasions, but that's par for the course 😉

Well done for this mornings 4.2 miles in cooler conditions.

MrHSc, well done for your 7 miles, including 5 x 1 miles at threshold effort.

FF, good news that you are getting back into it again. Well done for this mornings 9 miles.

LL, I hope that you do manage to get out this evening for a run.

The usual Tuesday Farmers Walk this morning, and tomorrow will be speed work.
14 Aug
7:47am, 14 Aug 2024
21 posts
  •  
Donnie1
HS: as a relative newbie to the thread, what is your 'farmers walk'? Anyway, great consistency.

Final day today in Berlin. Flight home around tea time. Last night was back on the treadmill in the sauna like hotel gym. Another 4.1.

Ytd: 589.5
14 Aug
8:52am, 14 Aug 2024
7,079 posts
  •  
steve45
Glad your shoulder has responded to physio FF . Looking good for your usual routine again but... If only there was a "short" 9 miles!

hs will tell you about the Farmer's Walk Donnie1! Ugh to the treadmill 4.1 so well done on doing that .
Damp and humid but pretty much ok conditions this morning for my outing. 3.5 included some trail which was nicely dampened by overnight rain. "Smelling" decidedly autumnal and great crops of blackberries everywhere.
14 Aug
10:12am, 14 Aug 2024
42 posts
  •  
JackFW
I was going to ask, HS, the same question, Donnie.

Steve, your trail run sounds nice. Love a run after some rain as everything is fresh.

10km to work (long way around) and 2km home (direct way). Yes, we have shower facilities at the office. If not, I would not be a popular co-worker!

My partner has left me to go dog sitting for a week down the coast. My diet has already gone south, Margherita pizza and garlic bread, followed by mars bar for dessert.
14 Aug
10:13am, 14 Aug 2024
4,303 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
Didn’t manage to get out last night.
This morning Garmin offered my 48 mins at a slow pace so went with that.

Well done Steve we got some blackberries with the children the other day and they scoffed them.
14 Aug
11:40am, 14 Aug 2024
34 posts
  •  
MrHSc
That’s good news FF.

Donnie hope you enjoyed Berlin it’s a fantastic City to visit.
Back to some proper road running at least.

Jack nothing wrong with carb loading 😁.

7 miles this morning in lovely cool running conditions after the rain.

YTD 915 miles.
14 Aug
3:45pm, 14 Aug 2024
15,703 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Donnie 1, the Farmers Walk is one of the challenges in the "Worlds Strongest Man" competition, in which the contestants "race" each other, carrying an extremely heavy weight in each hand. My Walk is approximately 800 metres back from the supermarket, carrying two very heavy shopping bags in each hand. When I first started this a couple of years ago, I had to stop several times, putting the bags down. I can now walk the whole way without stopping.

Well done for your 4.1 miles on the treadmill.

Steve, well done for this mornings 3.5 miles.

JackFW, see above re the Farmers Walk!

Well done for your 10k going to work, and 2k home.

LL,well done for your 48 minutes at slow pace.

MrHSc, well done for this mornings 7 miles.

This morning I ran 6.94 miles with the Wednesday Crew, including 5 x 800 metres on the gravel running track with 90 seconds recoveries. My 5th lap was the quickest.
14 Aug
4:20pm, 14 Aug 2024
3,982 posts
  •  
Lesley C
Lots of good running in here, well done everyone.

It's lovely running after the rain, I like it too.

Good news about the shoulder FF, hope the exercises help.

Lovely photos GG, sounds like a tough route and maybe wise to stop when you did.

I was at club last night and it was my turn to lead the session. We did a loop (about a 1 mile round) and ran three loops with each lap slightly faster than the last. I over cooked it on the second so the 3rd was slightly slower but still at a decent pace. It was warm in the sun and it's not a flat circuit.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000