1000 miles in 2024

2 lurkers | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 726.0
12 Aug
10:22am, 12 Aug 2024
32 posts
  •  
MrHSc
Jack I have the Lisbon marathon on 6th October.

Re Hasan maybe I’m a cynical old git but I’m a bit sceptical if it’s a legit feat. There is such a thing as a limit to the physical abilities of humans.
Hope I’m wrong.

6 miles this morning in unbelievably humid conditions, T-shirt was soaked!
4 miles yesterday.

YTD 901 miles
12 Aug
12:04pm, 12 Aug 2024
4,298 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
I’ve always enjoyed watching Hasan never goes with the crowd runs her own races.
12 Aug
12:27pm, 12 Aug 2024
15,687 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Well done GG for your 16 miles run, and thanks for the lovely photos.

Donnie 1, well done for your 7 miles run, and 5.1 miles on the treadmill.

Well done Steve for this mornings 3.2 miles on the hottest day of the year, and thanks for your comments on yesterday's sensible run.

MrHSc, well done for yesterday's 4 and today's 6 miles in humid conditions.

This morning was a very hot and humid 12k hilly forest run with the Sarah's. Definitely the hottest day of the year, and it was heavy going. It's tougher trying to run on hard, dried rutted mud, than when it is wet and squelchy.
12 Aug
12:48pm, 12 Aug 2024
40 posts
  •  
JackFW
MrHSC, you have joined the October Marathon club. That makes 4 of us on this thread now.

Well done on the 900 milestone.

Lisbon is a great city but it will be a hilly course, I suspect!

Nice pics, GG. Looks like a great (and hard) place to run. I’m sure you will be back to complete it.

The weather has been cracking the last couple of days. 20 degrees and sunny. Went for a 🥶 swim yesterday at the local beach and the cold water felt good for the muscles after the long run on Saturday.

Good to see you are living up to your name, HS, with the hilly forest 12km run.

11km run to work this morning. Felt pretty good.
12 Aug
3:31pm, 12 Aug 2024
15,692 posts
  •  
hillstrider
JackFW, a swim yesterday sounds ideal this weather 🏊‍♀️

I've always been strong on hills. I think it started when I was a 11 year old paper boy for WH Smith and rode a gearless trade bike with panniers either side crammed with newspapers. There was a very long, steep hill on the round which I always attempted to ride from top to bottom without having to dismount and walk.🚴‍♂️

Well done for this mornings 11k run to work.
12 Aug
10:27pm, 12 Aug 2024
41 posts
  •  
JackFW
Yes, I know WH Smith. I paid £30 for an umbrella there once! Still hurts thinking about it now!

I should clarify something. When I said swim, I meant it in a colloquial way. I really just did some walking in the water and plonked myself down for a bit. No exertion or exercise performed, really.
13 Aug
7:44am, 13 Aug 2024
20 posts
  •  
Donnie1
More time on the treadmill at the Berlin hotel. Room is like a sauna. Managed 4.1.

Missing the Olympics. It really was a great games.

Ytd: 585.4
13 Aug
9:15am, 13 Aug 2024
7,078 posts
  •  
steve45
Those were the days hs.. but of course it's no longer WH Smith. They dropped the WH.
Good runs Mr HSc, it was indeed humid . Sceptical huh?! Hassan's run was well within her capabilities and quite slow regardless of the route. Her 5k and 10k races were not much different to what she would have been doing before a marathon anyway. Testing us vigorous in the Netherlands and of course after the Olympics so no need to worry!!😊
Great that you should hit the target soon .
Good run with the two Sarahs hs, the trails will be squelchy again soon enough!
Doing nicely Jack; 11k to work. You able to change on arrival? Thirty quid for a brolly! Designer!!?!
Well done on your 4.1 Donnie1, Olympics gone but the Worlds next year in Tokyo.
4.2 miles this morning and 8c cooler than yesterday. Ran/walked with my wife who noted I didn't complain about how hard the run bits were! Progress!!
13 Aug
10:15am, 13 Aug 2024
23,761 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
lol Jack, that is my kind of swimming too.

Sounds rather warm in Berlin Donnie

great to see there is progress in your running Steve, makes me very happy and no doubt Torey is happy you're not complaining ;)
13 Aug
10:50am, 13 Aug 2024
33 posts
  •  
MrHSc
Yup Steve definitely cooler this morning making it more pleasant for running.
7 miles this morning inc 5x1 mile at threshold pace off a 90s walking float, was supposed to be 6 but legs were not up to it.

YTD 908 miles.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000