15,658 posts
  •  
hillstrider
8 Aug
3:54pm, 8 Aug 2024
23,695 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
lovely pics hs, I could happily run there.

Talking of running 5m this morning with a few intervals, just a light session as this travelling takes it out me - mind you technically I was away Thursday - Wednesday and work was pretty intense and very late back (well after 10pm) last night.

Shoe manufacturers are a bloody nightmare with tweaking fit and 'improving' previously good model shoes. Hope they soon relax for you, maybe wear in the house for a while? or can a cobbler stretch for you?

Fingers crossed the exercises and reduced running helps quickly FF.
9 Aug
10:17am, 9 Aug 2024
7,071 posts
  •  
steve45
Nice place to run that 4 miler hs .
Like you FF my physio exercises irritated "something" in another area so I was given exercises to sort that out before I resumed. Not successful so far..mπŸ˜‚.

It was breezy but dry this morning and 4 miles partly on what were now dampened trails again . Overall nice conditions.
Watching KJT in heptathlon now...
9 Aug
11:33am, 9 Aug 2024
15,667 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Thanks GG, the New Forest is a lovely place to run in. I've been running there on and off for about 45 years, and there are still areas yet to explore. The problem with that is that it necessitates driving, which I try to keep to a minimum. We do car share as much as possible, especially driving to parkruns.

Well done for yesterday's 5 miles, including some intervals.

Steve, as I mentioned above, the forest is a nice place to run.

Well done for this mornings 4 miles.

A great javelin throw by KJT.

The usual Friday Farmers Walk this morning.

Watching all the Olympic coverage has the danger of turning me into an armchair athlete 🀣
9 Aug
12:02pm, 9 Aug 2024
31 posts
  •  
MrHSc
Lovely pics HS.
19 miles this morning with great running conditions, clear blue sky with enough of a breeze to keep you cool but not hinder.

YTD 891 miles.
9 Aug
1:43pm, 9 Aug 2024
15,670 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Thanks MrHsc, well done for this mornings 19 miles, very impressive.
9 Aug
8:50pm, 9 Aug 2024
3,971 posts
  •  
Lesley C
Nice pics HS, looks lovely.

Well done on all your runs folks, been lots of miles this week. πŸ‘On the 19 MrHsc.

I did my long run yesterday, 16 undulating miles. It was warm (not as hot as Tuesday) and breezy. I used mars bars for some of my fuel and stuck them in the freezer, they defrosted nicely and didn't melt. Was happy enough with the run.

Tomorrow is parkrun day and also my birthday, will be celebrating at my local and heading out for a meal with family. Will be entering a new decade and new age category 🫣😳.
9 Aug
9:21pm, 9 Aug 2024
4,297 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
Snap Lesley my birthday too πŸ˜ƒ
9 Aug
11:22pm, 9 Aug 2024
12,353 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
Happy birthday to @Lesley C and @Looby Loo for tomorrow. I hope there's πŸŽ‚
9 Aug
11:27pm, 9 Aug 2024
23,720 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Happy significant birthday @Lesley C & happy birthday to you too @Looby Loo hope you both have a lovely day.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000